•89•

August

"My loves."

Entering the kitchen, I kissed my wife, daughter and son on their foreheads.

"Good morning."

"Morning daddy."

"Good morning babe." They returned the greeting.

Hearing my son attempt to say it, I smiled as I got my breakfast and joined them.

"Where's maw?"

"She went for a walk."

"Oh okay. So what y'all up to today?"

"I have class till midday, then violin from two to three then dance from five to six thirty."

"Okay. Just make sure you're on time for them."

"Momma isn't taking me?"

"No, uncle Terrence is." Misty spoke. "We told you that girl."

"Oh right."

"She didn't hear a word we said." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry." Naima then laughed. "But okay cool."

"What about you babe?"

"I have some errands to run, a couple bills to pay, a photoshoot and a guest appearance at a bookstore. Then from four I'll be in rehearsals till seven."

"Aight. Well hear what. I'll take care of the errands and bills so you can just focus on the shoot and bookstore appearance. I don't want you tired for rehearsals."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah love."

"Okay babe."

"And from the looks of it, we'a all gonna be out till about eight tonight. Naima, when you get home, clean up and help maw with your brother, you got that?"

"Yes dad."

"Good. I don't want any attitude or back talk either."

"Yes dad."

"Thank you."

Glancing at Misty, I saw a smirk on her face while she ate. Shaking my head a little, we continued eating while I interacted with my son. He was growing like a weed but like Nai, the most important thing was, he was happy.

Hearing the front door open then close, we figured it was maw. Making her presence known, she smiled and greeted us.

"What it do pretty lady? You alright?"

"I am peanut head." She laughed.

"That's what I like to hear. Go wash up, I'll plate your breakfast."

"You're in a good mood today." She responded.

"Hey, every waking day is a good one. Once my family is good, it makes it better."

"Amen." She said before leaving.

Doing as I said I would, I served her breakfast and placed it next to Nai. When she came back, she said her prayer and then ate.

"Grandma, Aug and I would be home around eight and Nai about seven. When she gets home, she's to help with Baby Aug."

"He might be asleep by then but okay."

"What you getting into today?" I asked her.

"Sarah's grandmother is in town so the plan is, when Terrence comes for Nai, I was going to let him drop us off at the centre so he can have some play time while me and her hang out for a bit."