•81•

August

“Ba, ba, ba.”

“That’s right lah man, baby.” I smiled.

Sitting out back with my son and Malik, we were just chillin. It was so crazy to see how he was with my son.

“Y'all gon be some heartbreakers when y'all grow up.” I laughed.

“What are you telling my son uncle Aug?”

Looking over my shoulder, Jayda stood there shaking her head. Instantly calling for her, Malik stretched his arms up towards her.

“Nothing that ain't tha truth.” I shrugged.

“No I'm not lifting you up.” She told him.

Sitting there on me, when he realized she wasn't, he began to pout and then fret. It was funny seeing how he was basically trying to play her and eventually she was going to give in.

“No Malik and if you make the baby cry, I’m putting you down for your nap.”

Looking at me, then back at her, he sniffled then stopped.

“Exactly. Now come down and walk to me.” She instructed.

“Why you gotta be so hard on him, he’s only a year.”

“Yes but his pediatrician says the gross motor skills in his legs are suppose to be a bit more developed than it is now. He is always in someone's arms so to prevent me having to spend money to correct anything, he needs to put them to more use now.”

“Oh okay. I get that.”

Helping him down from on me, I watched as he walked over to her then hugged her legs. We knew he was expecting her to pick him up, but instead she took his hand and walked in the house.

A little while after, I got up and went in because someone needed to be changed.

“Misty?”

“Yes?”

“Come change yo son. He stinks.”

“I know you lying?” She came into the kitchen.

“Nah I ain't. He really do stink.”

“So why can't you change him babe?” She took him from me.

“Because I wanna go check on tha girls. They been really quiet all morning.”

“I saw them doing yoga this morning.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Aight let me go see what they up too.”

Sharing a kiss, I walked off but then doubled back and stole another one, making her laugh before going up to Nai’s room she was sharing with the girls.

As I approached her room, I heard them talking but couldn't make out what they were saying.

Knocking and calling out to Nai, making my presence known, I heard shuffling before she allowed me to come in.

“What y'all sneaky lah asses up tol in hea?” I entered and immediately began looking around.

“Nothing.” Nai spoke.

“How nothing? What was all’lat shuffling befa ya let me come in?”

“Dad?” She whined.

“I ain't playing with y'all. I’a whoop all three of y'all fa whatever it is.”