•34•

Jayda

"Merry Christmas!!!"

Smiling at Ms. Richards after opening the door, I returned the greeting.

"Merry Christmas." We hugged.

Stepping to the side, she walked in with a couple bags in hand.

"LJ is on his way up with Malik."

"Ok." I nodded. "How did he react to..."

Even though I had told him where j was staying, this was going to be Hus first time visiting.

I had spoken to Mrs. Misty about them coming over today and she gave me the ok. I was however still waiting on some kind if word from her pertaining to what we spoke about.

I figured she was busy the day I told her, that's why she hadn't called but with it being Christmas and I still hadn't gotten a call, I was beginning to think it was a no go.

"Merry Christmas."

Shaken out my thoughts, LJ stood in front me with our son looking so cute.

"Merry Christmas." I replied as I took Malik. "What does your father have you wearing?"

Shifting his jacket, I read his T-shirt.

"Really LJ." I looked at him.

"Hey." He laughed and shrugged.

Shaking my head, I walked off as he followed, closing the door for me.

"So this your spot huh?"

"Yea. It is." I smiled.

Placing Malik on his play mat, Dajah and Jelani didn't waste anytime playing with him.

"Day, take off his jacket and jeans please. Let him stay in his tee and pampers."

"Ok."

Walking into the kitchen, Ms. Richards was already setting out the food she brought.

"Ms. Richards you good in here?" I laughed a little.

"Child I'm fine. I'll finish up in here."

"Nah, you go relax, you do enough as is. I'll finish up."

"You sure?"

"Yea. Y'all are my guests, I got this."

"Well alright then." She smiled.

"If you want you can go lay down in my room or something."

"That sounds like a plan. Can I leave you two alone without any drama or do I need to assign Dajah as the one in charge?"

"Go lay down momma, you talking crazy." LJ interjected.

"Mhmm. One sound and I'm coming out."

"Got it." I nodded.

As she left, I walks over to the fridge and start getting stuff to make breakfast seeing as it was only seven thirty.

"So how you been?"

"Good." I nodded as I beat the eggs. "And you?"

"Cool."

Looking behind me, he stood leaning against the counter just watching me.

"If you help we could finish faster."

"Oh ok. What you need me to do?"

"Pop those two tins of biscuits and put them on that tray there and put it in the over and those bacon too."