•80•

Jayda

“First trip to Canada huh bub

“First trip to Canada huh bub.”

Smiling at me while I attempted to pack our bags, Malik sat on my bed playing with my hair brush.

“Mommy’s own too, actually being there that is. This one time, your grandma took us to the border and we saw it though. I promise you, we'll see the world.”

“Wor.” He repeated.

“Yes. World.” I smiled.

As I continued packing, the buzzer went off.

“Day can you get that for me please.”

“Sure.”

“Okay, what else do I need.” I looked around my room.

Doubled checking all I had for Malik, I went on to finally packing my bag. Though it was only going to be three days we'll be there for, I wanted to make sure I had everything.

“I know you're not just starting to pack.” I heard behind me.

“Hey babe.” I smiled.

Approaching me, Xander and I shared a kiss before I went back to packing while he lifted Malik.

“You had so long to pack Jay.”

“I know but I got so lazy and relaxed and then procrastination kicked in and now I’m here.” I huffed and sat.

“What you got so far?” He came around on my side.

“The basics. Sleep clothes, underwear, toiletries.”

“All you need now is clothes and shoes.”

Passing me Malik, he went into my closet. Pulling things he asked me which and I picked. After we got going out clothes down, we did casual clothes. Within no time, I was finished and Malik was asleep.

“Did LJ say if he was coming or?”

“Nah. He has physical therapy so he passed on this one.”

“Oh okay.”

“Yeah but I have to take Malik by for him to see him.”

“No problem.”

“Mhmm and thank you for helping me.” I pecked his lips.

Taking mine and Malik’s bag to the door, I got him settled on my bed to continue his nap before going outside.

“Y'all packed?”

“Yup.” They answered together as they ate.

“Babe, have you spoken to Monica?” I asked as we moved around in the kitchen.

“Aside from the message in the group chat, nah. Why?”

“She is ready to come back home and get school going.” I laughed.