•46•

Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy with work, carnival here last weekend and finished edit my book Trust and Believe.

Now that I'm finished with that, I'm back with Faith. I also was thinking about some things I can do with this boom seeing as its the last of its series.

Anyway...

If you want another chapter soon, y'all gotta comment.

So enjoy loves!

Jayda

“So before we dismiss, please keep in mind that even though the SATs are over, we still have regular school.”

Sitting in my usual staring out the window, I tried to ignore the class as they groaned. We were on our final stretch for senior year and I was glad that exams were over.

“Hey.”

Looking over my shoulder, I gave LJ my attention.

“I need to talk to you before you leave tonight.”

The weekend of Mr. August’s launch was finally here and I was excited about going to France for the first time, however, I was nervous with regards to pictures and ultimately, telling Xander about Malik.

“Ok. When I drop him off we can talk then.”

“Cool. How you been though?”

“Fine.” I went back looking out the window.

“Now don't forget, you also have to decided on your senior trip.” Mr. Parks spoke. “The committee members are doing a poll to decide on the final trip.” He handed out a sheet of paper.

“Bruh Mexico would be lit!” One student said.

“Nigga you broke and looking at the most expensive thing on the list. How that going to work?” Joanna laughed.

“I'll take your weave money, how bout that.”

The class at this point was in an uproar over their back and forth.

“Mexico, Florida or in state?” I read to myself.

Knowing the out of state trips would require fundraisers and all that student interacting, I was about to choose staying in Georgia till I remembered what doctor Thomas told me.

“Take the chance Jay.” I heard in my head. “Mommy would want you to enjoy this.”

Smiling, I selected Mexico and folded the paper how they wanted us to fold it.

“Which you chose?”

“Huh?” I looked behind me.

“Which one you chose? I chose Mexico. I think it would be cool.” LJ nodded.

“Oh, um, I chose that too.”

“Nice.” He nodded.

We weren't back on good terms but he's been trying since the night Malik had his ear infection. I want to find it in my heart to open up and let him in again but I'm not here for the disappointment.

Hearing the bell ring, I gathered my books and handed over my paper. I was completely excited about going to France at this point.

“Hey Jay, wait up!”

“I've got somewhere to be LJ, what is it?”

“I just wanted to walk with you that's all.”