•6•

Misty

"I can't believe you let him draw on me!"

After a long ten hour flight, we were finally getting situated at the villa where we we got married. My grandmother been going on and on about August writing on her face, saying I let him do it. August on the other hand been paranoid since on the plane.

"For the last time grandma, I didn't let him do it. I warned him not to but he did it anyway" I sighed.

They stay pulling these pranks on each other and as amusing as it can be, it gets annoying as well. I always get put in the middle when one of them are in their feelings.

"Still, you're my grand daughter, I raised you."

I mouthed everything she just said after hearing it so many times.

"Grandma, I love you and you know I have your back" I kissed her cheek. "How have you been feeling?"

"Strong as an ox" she smiled.

"Good because I'm going to need you when me and August have this son of ours." I smiled.

"You really want this baby huh?"

"I do" I nodded. "Nai's birth was a surprise, that whole pregnancy was. I just want the chance to experience it you know."

"I understand sweetheart and I'll be around don't worry." she laughed.

"Good. I'll see you down for lunch"

"You're cooking?"

"Mhmm" I nodded before walking out.

Heading back to the master's suite, I passed by Nai's room. The door was open and she had on her beats, dancing.

Her discipline at this age always amazed me. Even though it was my craft and she loved it as well, I never once pressured her and I believe that's why she loves it so much.

"Watchu staring at?"

Being startled by his suddenness, I turned and saw Aug walking towards me.

"Our daughter in her zone" I smiled.

Wrapping his arm around me, he kissed my temple before setting his eyes on her as well.

"She got yo gracefulness"

"Yea but our dedication." I looked up at him. "How the hell did we get so lucky?"

"We been through hell and back in our past, that's why."

"True" I nodded. "Let's leave her." I patted his chest before we walked off.

"Watchu want ta eat?"

"I was now about to ask you that" I laughed.

"I'm looking at what I want right now!" he smirked.

"Is that right?"

Biting the corner of my lip, I smirked. The way he loved me unconditionally was everything, it was all that I wanted since we first got together.

"Ya got that look in ya eyes!" he whispered.

"What look?"

"Tha same one ya had eleven years ago when we got married."

I'm not even going to lie, it was something about being back here that made me feel all sorts of things.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love ya too baybeh." he kissed me.

"Urghhh" was all we heard.

We were so lost in each other that we forgot we were still in the hallway. Nai had came out of her room and seen us.