•33•

Misty

Exhaling, relieved that I had finally reached, I used my key and opened my mother's door. Grabbing my tote bag, I walked in.

After my flight was delayed back in Atlanta, I finally reached New Orleans and it was now going on one in the morning.

Dropping my bag, and locking back up, I made my way straight to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine and poured me some.

"Cheers to a Christmas that I've ruined." I sighed before taking a mouthful of wine.

Aug was still mad at me apparently because he was suppose to come get me at the airport but he didn't.

I texted him, keeping him updated on my flight but he didn't respond and then when I got here, he ignored my calls so I just got a taxi that brought me here instead.

"This too shall pass." I whispered before drinking some more. "Its just a bump in the road for us, we'll get over it."

After having my fourth glass of wine, I just felt like it wasn't doing anything so I got out a bottle of vodka and poured me some.

"That's better." I exhaled as it went down.

"Misty?"

Being startled, the light in the kitchen came on and my grandmother was standing in the door way.

"Sweet heart what are you doing here and why are you drinking at minutes to two in the dark." She came over to me.

"I'm fine." I slurred my words a bit.

"Wine and vodka? Oh no, you're not." She took the bottles away from me.

Downing the last in my vodka, I got up to go back for the bottle but stumbled a bit.

"Whoa!" She grabbed me.

"You sit. Let me put on some coffee."

"I don't want coffee." I pulled away from her.

"Child!"

"I'm not a child either!" I pointed as my voice began to rose.

"You know what." She shook her head. "I'm not doing this." She turned and walked off.

"Fine!!! Leave. Just like everyone else has done in my life!" I let out before putting my head down on the counter where I sat.

Breathing heavily as my head spinned, I felt a hand on my back.

"Misty what's going on love?"

Looking up and watching her in her eyes, I couldn't hold it back any longer. I instantly broke down causing her to hug me.

"I fucked up grandma." I cried. "I messed up badly and he left."

"Who?"

"August." I looked up at her.

"He left you? What do you mean he left you?"

In between my crying, I explained everything to her that has been happening including the situation with Jayda.

"Oh wow." She let go and sat next to me. "That is a lot."

"I honestly forgot to throw it out but he doesn't believe me and its my fault he doesn't. I've given him so many reason to not believe me now that I am telling the truth." I cried.

"Sweetheart calm down."

"Grandma I don't know what to do anymore. I try to be the best wife and mother I can be and still have a career all while being a public figure. I try to hold it all together but all I'm doing is screwing up my marriage and just by how angry he was and the force he threw it at the was with, I knew that was his breaking point."