•85•

One year later•

Misty

"Hold that pose for me Misty."

Doing as I was asked, I continued with my photo shoot

"Lovely."

"Mama."

Smiling at the sound of my son's voice, looking in the direction, he came running towards me with August not too far behind.

"Hey man wait up!" Aug called but he didn't listen.

Jumping onto me, I caught him as we laughed. Giving me kisses, I returned them, unaware that Lorenzo was still taking pictures.

"These will look great." He spoke.

"You're a mess." I laughed at Lorenzo. "Go to papa." I kissed him.

Doing so, he went over to Aug, who lifted him and sat him on a chair before sitting next to him. Every now and then, I would glance over at them and smile. Our son was so much like his father, it was crazy. For his age, like Naima, he was full of life and excitement and advanced.

"That's a wrap." Lorenzo called as his crew applauded.

Clapping as well, I got up and hugged him, thanking him for today before making my way to my husband.

"Hi puffin." I kissed Aug as he returned the greeting.

"Sweet face." He smiled.

"Where's grandma?"

"Back at the house. I decided to take him to give her a rest." He said as he lifted him.

"Ah okay." I nodded.

Making our way to my trailer, they sat on the couch in it while I went and cleaned up.

"Baybeh?"

"Yeah?"

"Yeen tell me what ya want to do for our anniversary."

"That's because I've been focused on our soon to be thirteen year old birthday plans. Why the hell we have such an expensive child?"

"Because you stay spoiling her." He shrugged.

"Why do you lie so much?" I laughed. "You know damn well you're the main one who spoils her."

"And? She's my daughta." He shrugged. "My only one at that and my first born."

"Mhmm. Proud papa coming out now."

"Damn right and even when I'm dead, she gonna be spoiled. At least she knows how a man should treat her."

"Like her momma knows." I smiled.

Getting up from where I sat, I went and sat on his lap while our son just walked around being observant.

"For her sixteenth, we doing it big though."