•66•

To be honest with y'all... Because of the response or should I say lack of, I've kinda lost my mood for this book.

So I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

Chaylin

“Hi good morning, is Amaiya here?”

Standing at the entrance of her gallery, I spoke to what seemed to be a security officer.

“Sorry, she isn't. She won't be for another hour. Miss. LaBranch comes in at ten.”

Checking my time, it was now going on nine in the morning. Letting out a sigh, I simply nodded and said thanks.

Walking two storefronts up, I made my way back to my office to prepare for my half nine patient.

Being back in New Orleans felt a bit strange but it was good to be home. Aside from my parents, no one knew I was back. I wanted to call Reggie but I couldn't bring myself to it. To this day I still feel embarrassed by all that he had said to me.

*****

“Chay you really did that?”

“Reggie I swear I didn't do it on purpose. I don't know how I forgot about her.”

“She's your sister, you should NEVER forget about her anywhere for anyone.” He pointed at me. “No wonder your whole family hate me. You've been blowing them off for me and I didn't even know.” He yelled.

“Reggie I-”

“You what Chaylin? You're gonna tell me that you've been looking out for me since my mother passed? Is that your excuse.”

“It’s not an excuse Reggie. You know I love you and I don't want to lose you.”

“Yeah well I don't know if I can say the same for you.”

“What?”

“I don't think I can marry someone who is so selfish and self centered. Everything I heard today opened my eyes to who you really are. You used my grief to be away from your family for whatever reason, knowing very well how I am when it comes to family. You made me believe that they were all just too busy to be around each other, all while they been together. It’s all just been one fucking lie.”

“Reggie?”

“I don't want to hear it Chaylin. Just leave the ring on your way out.”

Turning and walking off, I just stood there in disbelief as to what just happened.

*****

“Miss. LaBranch, your nine thirty is here.” I heard through my intercom.

“Bring them in.” I responded.

Getting out a new note pad, I wrote down the date as my receptionist brought the person in.

“Good mor-” I paused.

Standing in front of me Reggie just stared at me with his hands in his pockets.