•86•

Misty

"Here you go babe."

Handing him his jacket, I watched as he put it on and then made his way on set. At his photoshoot for his clothing line, I couldn't help the warm feeling I got as I watched on.

Proud of him and how far he has come with all his business endeavors, August was more than the man I asked God for

Proud of him and how far he has come with all his business endeavors, August was more than the man I asked God for. Over the years, the way he matured and just calmed down, was what made our family so strong, along with his love and drive to protect us.

 Over the years, the way he matured and just calmed down, was what made our family so strong, along with his love and drive to protect us

With today being our anniversary, we were spending it working. From his photoshoot, we headed over to our Manhattan apartment for my shoot and interview with Architectural Digest.

With my grandmother living with us permanently, we had decided a few years ago to put the house up for rent and downsized a bit to an apartment in Manhattan. Our trips to New York were few so the apartment was the better investment as oppose to the house and it gave me a chance to decorate like I love.

"Just one more pose." The photographer said.

Giving him what he wanted, the shoot was over. After dapping with him, August made his way over to me and kissed me.

"Ready to head for lunch."

"I am, but babe?"

"Yo?" He said as he took off his jacket.

"How come you're not wearing your wedding band?"

"It took you long enough to notice that." He chuckled.

"Believe me, I noticed it a while now, I just didn't say anything before."

"I gave it to our jeweler to clean love."

"But you have two."

"I know." He said as he dipped in his pocket.

Taking out his second band, he then placed it on his finger with a smirk.

"Why do you purposely mess with me?" I scoffed.

"I like seeing that little vein on your forehead appear when you're mad but trying not to be mad." He chuckled.