•43•

Misty

"But dad you promised!" Nai protested.

"I know sweet pea but I still got some work to be done here and I can't really leave."

"Whatever." She mumbled. "Hea momma." She handed me the phone.

"Naima!" I called but she just kept walking.

"Baybeh I'm really sorry."

"Its ok Aug, but what happened."

"Remember I told you they started scrapping everything when I didnt confirm so after the meeting on Monday, we basically had to start over, but the initial outline was all wrong. Quan's assistant really fucked shit up in communicating."

Sighing, I could hear the frustration in his voice.

"I need ya to go into the office tomorrow and make sure she ain't thea. If she is, fire ha ass and I'm serious."

"But didn't you tell Quan to do that?"

"Yea but he fucking her so I doubt he let her hoe ass go."

"Oh but isn't he-"

"Yes Misty he is married, but that ain't my business. After you fired her, let him know he on a warning. Log into my system from home, in my employee files I got a folder labeled termination."

"You got a termination folder Aug?"

"Yes for reasons like this. In that file, there is a file with each worker's name on it in alphabetical order, scroll and you'll see Josie Martinez, print off the letter that's titled effective immediately. Then go to Quan's file and print the one that says first warning. You got that?"