•69•

I know its been a while...

A girl been busy.

Now if y'all comment and vote, I might just update again😏

August

"Is he alright though?"

"He says he is but I know him."

"He's just putting on a front?"

"Yes."

Walking into the bedroom, Misty was on a facetime call with Jayda.

"Hey uncle Aug."

"Wazzmin lah baybeh?" I smiled.

"A lot but manageable."

"Y'all got y'all school stuff and everything?"

"Yes we did. I got Day and Lani's stuff last week and we found a parent who had a daughter that was in the grade Day will be in and a son who is going to be in the grade she was in last year so we traded books."

"That's good. Saving money."

"Yep."

"What about you?"

"I'm good. I got all my supplies and registered for my classes early."

"And ya lah boyfriends." I laughed.

"Xander is great, LJ, not so much. He got into an accident two weeks ago and been on bed rest since."

"Damn."

"Yeah. He's fine though. Just a sprained wrist and a couple bruises here and there but his big baby ass is being so dramatic."

"Reminds me of someone." Misty mumbled.

As Jay laughed, I side eyed Misty.

"Anyway. If y'all need anything just call. We should be back in Atlanta soon."

"Okay. And I will. I'll let Day and Lani call later when they get home."

"They doing good at their camps."

"Yeah. Lani's soccer skills been improving and Day is doing amazing things at gymnastics."

"And you're just taking it easy."

"Yep. Been taking Malik to every place possible and he's been spending some time with his dad and grandma too."

"Aight." I nodded.

Putting her back onto Misty, I went and check on our son. Laying there, he stared up at me. To think he was already three weeks old was crazy. Time was just going by.

"C'mon son, let's go see what ya big sister is up too." I lifted him.

Leaving the room, I walked up the hall to Nai's room. Knocking on the slightly opened door a bit, I didn't get a response.

"Sweet pea?" I called as I entered.

Smiling at the sight of her dancing around with her headphones on, she became startled when she saw me.

"Dad?" She held her chest before taking off her headphones.

"Sorry fa frightening ya baybeh."

"It cool. Hey there my handsome baby brother." She spoke as he laughed. "Yes. You're smiling for your big sis aren't you."

Taking him from me, she went and sat on her bed and interacted with him.

"You're all packed?"

"Yeah." She nodded at me.