•88•

Dajah

"Come on Day! Time to get up!"

Rolling over, I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. Exhaling, I responded to my sister, letting her know I was awake. Saying a small pray, I then got up and got into my morning routine.

Today was one of those days where I didn't feel like going anywhere but I knew my sister wasn't about to let me stay home. Hearing a knock on the bathroom door, I opened it and looked at her as she stood there.

"I'm going to get myself and Malik ready, breakfast is on the table and make sure, your bag is packed."

"It is." I answered dryly.

As she turned to walk off, she turned back and stopped me from closing the door.

"What's up?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhmm."

Staring at me, I knew she knew I wasn't being honest but she wasn't going to push it.

"Alright. Finish up and eat."

"Yeah."

Leaving me, I did just that. After brushing my teeth, I got into the shower, then went ahead and got ready. Once I was finished, I made my way into the dining room where Lani was already eating.

"Morning sis."

"Morning." I mushed his head.

"You're going to stop doing that. You keep messing up my waves." He fussed as I sat.

"What waves?" I joked.

"Whatever." He mumbled.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted."

Blessing my food, I then grabbed my fork and began eating. Things had finally settled with us, between Jada going to college, us coming to terms with our mom's passing and Malik being here full time, we were all in a good space, so to speak.

"Have you spoken to Jay about tomorrow?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I decided not to go."

"But why? You'd have fun."

"I highly doubt it."

"I think you should tell her."

"Tell who what?" We heard.

"I don't know what he's talking about." I said as I ate.

"Lani? What are you talking about?"

"Nothing." He lied.

"Are you sure?"