Loosing - Millie

Loosing someone was one of the worst things to go through in life. especially if it was someone who loved, supported and cared for you.

Earlier today you got a call from your mum saying that your brother had passed away, he had been 'sick' for months now. He was diagnosed with cancer and it spread too fast for them to catch it.

You wished you could've been there for him, held him. Said goodbye.

Currently you were sat in your room, tears flowing freely down your red cheeks. You weren't sure where it had all gone completely wrong but you knew somewhere it had all got worse.

You drifted into a light sleep and felt yourself enter a dream like state.

You walked around the dark filled space, nothing but emptiness and what felt like clouds below your feet. You sighed knowing that you were fully aware of the dream state and still in reality.

"Hey y/n?"

"Huh, who's there?"

"Y/B/N"

"No.. you're not real" you sobbed

"I am.. I came back for a few minutes and slipped into your dream. I made you sleep. I need to you to go find Millie. I messaged her pretending to be you.. she knows that you are coming. She doesn't know why but she knows that it is serious"

"Thank you" you cried.

He hugged you one last time

"I love you big sister"

"I love you too little brother" you cried.

You woke up and felt yourself crying even harder. You grabbed your phone and tried to find Millie's number. You accidentally FaceTimes instead but didn't bother to change it.

"Hey Y/N"

"Millie" you choked out through a sob.

"Oh my.. I'm on my way, stay on the phone"

She was such a lovely person, your brother was the only one who knew your feelings towards her.

"I'm almost there Y/N.. you'll be okay"

"He's gone Millie"

"Who is"

"Y/B/N"

"Oh.. I'm so sorry Y/N"

"Okay I'm here come open the door" she hung up and you stumbled down the stairs.

You make it to the last step and almost fall but manage not to. You to the door and open it, Millie immediately hugging you.

She rocked you back and forth trying to calm you. You buried your head in the crook of her neck and tried to calm yourself but to no avail.

"I'm here, you'll be okay, breathe" she whispered.

"See look what's happening now, your life will come together big sister"

You smiled and began to calm down.

"Explain to me Y/N, talk to me"

You took a deep breath.

"M-my mum called me this morning. He passed early hours, I didn't say g-goodbye Mills! Not even a bye! No hug! No goodbye kiss! It was so quick"

"He's always with you Y/N. He's in a better place. No more pain, he's happy now!"

"But I'm not. I don't want to do this without him. He's all I had left for family. Everyone else hates me"

She hugged you again and rubbed your back.

"You CAN do this without me Y/N.. besides.. you will have Millieeeeee"

You hugged onto her tighter.. the sound of his voice calmed you, along with Millie's. Maybe you could do this.

"Once you're calm, I'm going to call Finn and Noah. Then we'll invite over Jack, Wyatt, Jaeden, Caleb and Gaten. Sound good"

You nodded and cuddled into her.

"You know.. you're really cute when you're like this, all cuddly.. like a kid" she laughed.

"Thanks I guess"

- time Skip -

Everyone we invited had just turned up and you decided to let them choose a movie. You got a load of snacks and brought them out.

At some point during the night you had fell asleep completely exhausted from the stressful day.

*Millies p/o/v*

"Why's my mama so sad?" Jack asked.

"Um she lost.. her brother this morning"

"Oh my gosh.." Caleb looked at her.

"He was basically all she had.. family wise" Noah added.

"I know.. I've never seen her like this"

"It's odd, earlier she seemed like someone was talking to her. No one was. But she kept smiling randomly"

"Maybe it was her brother.. they were really close and who else would make her smile at that moment" Gaten suggests

"I wish I could call him and ask him what they spoke about"

"Maybe you could just ask her"

"Maybe" I sighed.

"Well you guys go to sleep. But Caleb can you carry her up to her room I'll stay up there with her" I got up as he nodded and picked her up.

- the next morning -

I woke up and saw that Y/N was still asleep.. which is weird because she normally woke up first.

"You wanted to know what I told her"

"Um what"

"It's Y/B/N, while she is peacefully sleeping I bought id speak to you, turn around"

I came face to face with a scruffy yet good looking Y/B/N.

"So I know a few secrets.. well many actually. Y/N said I was the only person she came to.. about certain things, which was true. Her feelings. She kept them bottled up, which you probably already knew, but around me she let them out. She told me that she was Bi, before our parents kicked her out. She told me her crush"

"Well who was/is it"

"Wow you are oblivious.. it's you"

"wow.. I never knew."

"Well the princess is waking.. I'm not coming down again, I've done what I need to. I'll stick around for a few hours to say goodbye properly"

I nodded and he disappeared.

"Millie?" She yawned.

"Hey love"

"Who were you talking to?"

"Oh no one.. so I have a question"

"Shoot"

"Well a little bird told me that you liked me.. so will you go out with me?"

"Oh- Oh my gosh! Yes Millie!" She started crying.

*Your p/o/v*

I looked up and saw Y/B/N, he made a heart with his hands.

'I love you' I mouthed and he mouthed it back before waving and disappearing.

He really was right.