“Yeah, but you’d still love me,” I replied, raising my eyebrow at him daring him to challenge. He chuckled. It was deep and throaty because he was still starting to fully wake up.

            “Of course I would. Not even that could scare me off,” he said. I glared and playfully hit him in the arm. He reached out his arms and started tickling me. I screamed and tried to push him away. We were both laughing as we squirmed, me trying to get away and him trying to control me to stay.

            “Please, Embry, please stop. I – can’t – breath,” I gasped between my laughter, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. He stopped and placed his hands on either side of me on the bed with his body hovering slightly over mine. He smiled down at me. It was the most carefree I had seen him all week. I lifted up my hand to his cheek. He closed his eyes and leaned into my touch. “That’s the first time you’ve laughed all week,” I said softly.

            His eyes opened slowly to meet mine. They were a little darker than their regular milk chocolate color. He sighed and then leaned down to press a kiss to my forehead. “I’m sorry I’ve been so tense lately. I just have to make sure you’re safe. Jane got through our lines once. What if she did it again? I don’t know what I would have done if you were hurt,” he said pulling back slightly and shaking his head, the thought obviously making him angry.

            I leaned up and gave him a short kiss. I didn’t give enough time to kiss back before pulling away. He gave me a playful scowl. “As long as I’m with you, I know I’m safe,” I said.

            He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, careful to keep most of his weight off of me. My whole body felt like a jolt of energy was shot threw it at his touch. Our lips moved in sync like they were made for each other which I guess they were since I was his imprint. It was supposed to be perfect being with Embry and it always was. We broke apart when both our breathing became heavy. He rested his forehead against my own.

            “Things are calming down. We need to enjoy the time we have together while we can,” I whispered. I might have said it more for myself than for him. I knew what was coming. I knew that I didn’t have much time left to be with him. To him, my statement would seem to be about Jane’s return. It was, just not for the same reasons as he thinks.

            “You’re right,” Embry exclaimed before hopping up off the bed. I propped myself up on my elbows and watched has he scuffled around the room. He looked around pushing things along the floor looking for something.

            “What are you doing?” I asked with both amusement and confusion. He finally picked up his shirt and threw it over his head, hiding my view of his chest and abs which in turn helped me to focus more. It was both a good and a bad thing.

            Embry turned back to look at me with a smile that caused my heart to flutter.  “I’m going to go home and get ready. I suggest you do too,” he said walking over to stand in front of me.

            “And what do I need to get ready for, may I ask?” I question sitting all the way up on the bed now. His eyes glinted with mischief as the smile turned to a smirk.