Chapter 3

Ok so still no vote or comments. Gotta say it's kind of disappointing. I knew that Embry wasn't as big of a character as Jacob or some of the other pack members but he definitely needs his own story. Comments are what motivates a writer so when we get none then what is our motivation to write besides that we like the story. So do I keep the story going or do I just delete it?

      I hope all of you that are reading this story enjoy the chapter. We get a glimpse of Embry and the other pack members in this one :)

*****************************************************************************************************************     

      As long as I’ve lived under the Volturi’s ‘care’, I’ve learned that they like to live in the lap of luxury. I’ve also learned that they only dote on themselves, leaving those they see lower to fend for themselves. So I wasn’t surprised in the least at the house that looked about ready to collapse that my driver pulled in front of. It was built close to La Push but was designated as a Forks property. It was a small, one story house and obviously hadn’t been lived in for quite some time. Figures they would buy me an abandoned house, I thought harshly taking my bags from the driver. The white paint on the outside was faded and chipping off. In the driveway sat a beat up car that looked to be from the 1950s. The car would be the symbol of my fake parents being home. I, of course, was not allowed to drive it. It probably didn’t work anyway. I had to resort to walking to school which was about thirty minutes away. I saw a glimpse of the school when the driver rode by it. It was nothing special but I couldn’t help to feel excited to be going after not getting to for so many years.

      The inside of the house was about as pretty as the outside. When I say pretty, I really mean needs some work. The driver left and I was left alone. After stepping through the front door and closing it behind me, I dropped my two bags at my feet. Dust rose up into the air from the impact the bags had made to the floor. Even away from the Volturi, they still manage to make me clean, I think as I roamed the house. There were only two bedrooms, a living room, and a small kitchen. Peeking into the living room, there was only enough furniture to make it look like someone lived here besides me. It was more than I expected to have since I was told to not let anyone in the house. I grabbed my suitcase before opening the door to the first bedroom. I found it completely bare. There was no bed or any furniture at all. The other room better have a bed, I thought angrily as I made my way to the door. Opening it, I found a small bed placed against the far wall near the window. The bed had white sheet and what could only be described as a comforter if I could call it that at all. The white walls were peeling of paint and I made a note to pick a different color to paint them. Against the other walls were a small dresser and a desk with a chair. That room wasn’t anything glamorous but it was better than the barracks back at the Volturi lair. At least here I could have some privacy from everyone’s probing eyes.

      Unpacking didn’t take any time seeing as most of the clothes were already folded in the suitcase and they were the only possessions I had. All the clothes fit into the dresser and the other bathroom necessities that the Volturi so kindly supplied were stored in the bathroom across the hall. In the bottom of the suitcase was a black bag. It contained a huge amount of money that was supposed to help me survive the next few months while I’m here. I stash it under my bed along with the suitcase.

      When I was done in my room, I walked around the rest of the house making a list of things I needed to do. It definitely needed some work and I quickly began cleaning. The painting would have to wait but I swept the floors, dusted the furniture, and washed the windows. By the time I was done, it was getting dark outside. The clock read seven o’clock. I turned on the lights in the kitchen and looked in the fridge. It was stocked with food along with the cabinets which also had everything needed to make a meal. Even though I had all these things, I just settled for a bowl of cereal. After eating, I made my way back down the hall and decided to take a shower. The towels were stored in a small closet in the bathroom. I started the water and hopped in under the spray. The water pressure was horrible but it got the job done so I wasn’t complaining. Getting out of the shower, I threw on an oversized shirt and shorts before throwing the towel in the already going laundry.