Summer Camp // Joe Walker & Reader

Start from the beginning

"My name is Dylan, this is my 2nd year here, and I once won a hotdog eating contest." Dylan was a really funny guy. He was super nice to. We got along great last year.

I was surprised at how easy it was for me to make friends here. I was horrible at talking to people back home. The only people I'm friends with in the city are the people that I work with. I never branch out.

"I'm Jim," a deep voice said, snapping me out of my mind. "Yes, this is how I actually talk and no I haven't ever tried voice acting."

We had finally gotten through everyone. Karen told us all of the rules and regulations that I already knew. We broke off to our own cabins to start preparing. The campers were coming the next day. I was sharing a cabin with the other female counselors.

——

I was sitting on my bed reviewing the next day's schedule when the cabin door swung open. Meredith and Brian were laughing as they walked in.

"Hey, (y/n/n)! We were talking with some of the other counselors and they were thinking about having a little pre-camp hangout! We'd just swim, have a campfire, and hang out," Meredith explained.

"And I think Joey said that he stashed some beers!" Brian added.

"Would you wanna come?"

"Um, sure," I said. I was hesitant. I knew how much work I had to put in, but I didn't want to seem like a buzzkill. I knew that I would have fun anyway.

"Sweet!" Meredith turned to face Brian. "You go with the guys and we'll get cute. We'll be up in a few minutes."

"But you don't have to do anything to get cute, Mer," Brian said. Meredith blushed and laughed. She kissed his cheek before he left. I sighed and looked away.

"Now, (y/n), you are gonna put on something hot, come to this party, and get drunk." I laughed at her and got off my bed. "Get your bag! I'm picking what you wear!"

——

I looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't mad with what Meredith picked out. I did look good. I was wearing my favorite swimsuit under a pair of high waisted black shorts. I also had on a white tank top with an unbuttoned red flannel over it. I had on my trusty black vans.

Meredith was dressed cute as well. She was wearing a pretty sundress over her swimsuit. Her curly hair was loose around her face. She gave me a thumbs up and went to grab her towel.

"Are you ready?" She asked. I nodded and we walked to where everyone else was. They were hanging out on the beach.

As we got closer to everyone else, I grew self conscious. I tugged my shirt down a bit lower. A few people were already in the water. The others were standing around on the sand with brown bottles in their hands.

"Hey, ladies!" Dylan said. He hugged each of us. "Glad you could join the party!"

"We wouldn't miss it!" I noticed Joe next to Dylan. He held out a beer to me and I took it from him. "Thank you."

"No problem. (Y/n), right?" I nodded, taking a sip. "It's nice to meet you. Dylan told me you've been working here for a while."

"Yeah. I started working here once I was too old to be a camper."

"That's cool. You must really like it here."

"It's pretty great."

"STOP SPLASHING ME!" someone screamed. My attention was drawn then to the water. Joey and Lauren were running around each other.

"Looks like fun," Joe said. I nodded and took another sip. Joe gave me an amused look. "I'll race you."

"What?" I laughed. Joe had already set down his beer and was kicking off his shoes. He lifted his shirt over his head. I was momentarily distracted by his bare chest. He stared at me.