Chapter 35

ALAINA

It's been a week since Greyson found me and he hasn't left my side once. I get he wants to protect me, but he's treating me like a baby! He carries me everywhere, goes everywhere with me. He's even feeding me for Christs sake!

Right now I'm sitting in the bed, and he's next to me checking my bruises. "They aren't healing yet. Why is it taking so long?" I mentally rolled my eyes. "Greyson, I'm fine. I'm not in any pain, I took my medicine, put aloe on my welts and I've been eating. I'm all showered and refreshed. Could you please give me 10 minutes to myself?" He sighed and sat on the bed.

"Alaina, I'm just trying to keep you safe, is that too much to ask for?" I sighed, and stood up. "No, but this isn't healthy. You haven't left the house in a week, you haven't gone out and looked for whoever is behind this. All you've done is sit here and babysit me. Greyson, I love you but right now you are driving me nuts!" I threw my hands in the air for dramatic effect. He came closer to me. "Fine, let's go outside then." He grabbed my hand, and pulled me out of the room. I groaned, and tried pulling away. "That's not what I meant!" He pulled me down the stairs, and past the kitchen. I looked to Maria and silently begged for help.

"Greyson, you can't take her we have wedding planning to do." Fuck. I didn't mean that kind of help. He stopped walking, and looked at his mom. "Can she do it after we go outside?" 

"No, now." He rolled his eyes, and turned to me. "Don't think you're getting rid of me that easily." He kissed my forehead, and pulled away. I turned and faced Maria. She pulled me to her. "Don't worry, I'll have Adam keep him busy so you can get a little space." I sighed and thanked her. "But we do have to start planning, so have some breakfast, and I have some books for you to look through." I nodded, and sat at the table. 

Greyson stood in the doorway talking to Adam. You could see the stress in his features, the lack of sleep he's gotten since I've been back in his presence. I was brought out of my thoughts by a tap on my forehead. Maria stood there smiling. "Here are some books for you to look through. I have a friend who is a wedding planner. Your wedding will be extravagant!" You can tell she was excited for Greyson and I to get married. I opened one of the books, and started marking things down. I felt arms around my waist and a head on my shoulder. I turned my head and saw a mop of dark brown hair.

I continued looking through the books, but I couldn't help but wonder who I was going to have as bridesmaids? A maid of honor? Flower girl? Who was going to walk me down the aisle!?

"You're thinking too hard Alaina, everything will be taken care of." Greyson lifted his head, and kissed the top of my head. "You will have any and everything you want for this wedding, I will make sure of it." Maria gushed at us. Dmitry came running in the kitchen screaming and laughing. Marco came running in the kitchen, picking Dmitry up, pretending to eat him. We all laughed. Looks like the big bad Mafia leaders do have a soft side to them. I looked up at Greyson who had a big smile on his face. I finally have a family after all these years, and soon I'll be married to the love of my life. What could get better than this?

------------------------------------------

I fell on the bed, after Greyson pushed me back. He laid next to me, and caressed my skin. A tiny fear came over me, but only because I was harmed by the hand of a man. He sat up, and looked at me. "I won't push for something you're not ready for." I touched his cheek, and pressed my lips against his. I stood from the bed, and walked towards the bathroom. I looked back at him. "Join me." He instantly got up, and followed me into the shower. He helped me take my clothes off while taking his own off. I turned the water on, and stepped in, pulling him with me. He hugged my body close to his, never wanting to let me go. I turned around in his arms, and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I cannot wait to be married to you Mr. Kennmore, you've made me the happiest I've ever been in my life." He caressed my cheek. "You promise?" I pressed my lips against his.

"I promise." 

He picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. He pressed me against the shower wall, and kissed me passionately. I forgot all about my past, I forgot all about my kidnapping, I forgot all about the drama that has been going on in my life. All I thought about was the future Greyson and I were about to create.

-------------------------------------------

3 weeks in and I thought Greyson had forgotten about me asking him to teach me how to fight. He wanted to wait until I was better for us to start. Right now, we were in the basement in a gym I didn't know we had. "Okay, before we start, you cannot get distracted. You show any sign of distraction, we don't continue, okay?" I nodded. He circled me, making me nervous. I felt his hand on my waist, and I gulped. "If anyone touches you here, what do you do?" I jabbed him in his side. He grunted, and let go. 

He picked me up, and pinned me on the ground. "What do you do if they have your arms pinned, but your legs are free." I silently prayed that he would forgive me for what I was about to do. My knee jerked upwards and into his groin. He groaned, and rolled off of me. "Oh my God! Greyson I'm so sorry." He stood up slowly, and shook his head. "Never apologize to them. They are the enemy." I nodded. I could feel my breakfast rising to my throat. I ran to the nearest garbage can and emptied my stomach. I wiped my mouth, and ran my fingers through my hair. What the hell? I walked back in the gym and over to Greyson. "I think that's enough for today, I'm getting a bit tired." He nodded and held his hand out to me. He stiffly walked up the stairs and into the kitchen. He walked over to the freezer, and grabbed an ice pack out, and placed it on his groin. Adam walked in, and raised an eyebrow. "Do I want to know why you're icing your dick?" Before I could answer, I felt the urge to throw up again.

I ran to the bathroom and threw up once again. I felt my hair being held back, and a towel handed to me. I wiped my mouth, and flushed the toilet. I stood and rinsed my mouth out. A thought popped in my head as I turned to look at Greyson. "How long has it been since I've been back?"

"4 weeks, why?" I counted the days in my head. When I was kidnapped, the men never came in me, and I didn't have my pills with me. "And we had sex when?" He raised an eyebrow. "2 weeks ago, 4 days ago, and last night, again, why are you asking?" My period was supposed to come 7 days ago. I held a shaky hand up to my mouth. I ran out of the bathroom, and up to the doctors office. He looked up at me and took his glasses off. "Alaina, what can I do for you?" 

"I'm late.." He stood from his desk, and came to close the door behind me. "Are you for certain?" I nodded, and gave him the rundown I had gone over in my head. "What I'm gonna have you do is, take this cup, and go in the bathroom. The results will come back within 10 minutes." I nodded, and took the cup.

---------------------------------------

"Congratulations Alaina, you're going to be a mother."