Chapter 30 - Clingy

Start from the beginning

I was so close to the guest room, I only needed a couple more steps so I thought that if I ran I'd be safe, but just as I started running a door swung open and collated with my face, mostly my nose.

"Shit!...please don't be Melody, please don't be Melody, please don—" I heard Cupid whispering but he stopped once he peaked through the door. "DYLAN?! oh my god, oh my god, I'm so sorry, are you okay?" He kneeled down and grabbed my face.

"Owwww, that hurt," I cried as he moved my face to the side.

"Oh god, your nose is bleeding, is that a bad thing? Could it be broken? Oh no, what i—"

"OF COURSE IT'S A BAD THING YOU JUST BASHED MY FACE WITH THE DOOR!" I yelled, letting my temper get out of hand.

"Shhhhhh! I know this is bad, but the last thing you wanna do is wake up Melody, she's literally right there," he pointed at a door located a couple of feet away from the bathroom.

"Okay, okay, I'll just silently sit here in pain," I sarcastically said as I sat there holding a pool of blood in my hands.

"Alright, I'll be back, stay here," Cupid got up.

"Well, I don't think I could go anywhere!" I whispered loudly.

"Right," he went back into the bathroom.

I heard him rummaging through the cabinets and running water.

He came out with two small towels. With one he cleaned my bloody hands and once he finished, he took the other and gently placed it on my nose.

"Okay I'm going to go and put this one in the garbage, be right back," he ran back into the bathroom.

I held the towel tightly to my nose.

Is it broken or is it just a small nosebleed? I hope it's only a nosebleed.

"Here let's get you up," Cupid grabbed my arm and helped me up.

"Thanks," I managed to say through the towel.

"Come on, let's get away from this spot."

***

He took me to his room's bathroom and had me sit in a pink seat.

"Okay so first we need to know if it's broken, has it stopped bleeding?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Alright, that's progress!" he took the towel away from me.

"So, how are we supposed to find out if it's okay?" I asked.

"I think I know how..." he gently moved my nose a little, "does that hurt?"

"No."

He put a little more force on it and moved to the other side, "what about now?"

"No, thankfully," I sighed in relief.

"Phew, so, what were you doing running around in the halls?"

I froze. 

"No reason," I turned away, embarrassed.

Wait, how did he know I was running in the halls?

"Ugh, look you got blood on my shirt."

I looked down at the shirt and saw a big stain of red, "S—sorry." 

He didn't say anything, he just took off his shirt and handed it to me.

"Couldn't you just have gotten me one from the closet?" I pointed to it.

He blushed, "Just wear it, I usually sleep shirtless anyways."

"If you say so," I was about to take off the shirt I was currently wearing but realized he was still standing there looking at me.

I blushed, "Turn around you creep."

"Okay, okay," he turned away.

I took off the shirt self-consciously and right before I put on the other I caught Cupid looking.

"Wh—I—I told you not to look!" I said flustered.

"I couldn't help it! You should know the feeling! I'm a man, you know I can't control myself!" He blushed.

I covered myself with the shirt, "Yes you can! Now turn around!" I yelled.

"But we're both men!"

"So what?! Feelings are involved so it's different!" I turned a deeper red when I realized what I said.

"Feelings? So you admit you like me?" He smirked.

"Uh, um, no, I—I meant your feelings as in you like me so you have ulterior motives..." I tried to cover up what I said.

He got closer to me, "And so do you," he leaned in and began kissing me.

No, no, no, I can't admit it I've already done so many embarrassing things I'm not going to do it again.

I pulled away.

"S—stop, it's late, I'm tired, I need to put on this shirt, and need to sleep..." I looked away, flustered.

"Fine but we're sleeping in the same bed since you keep stopping me," he looked at me waiting for a response, probably expecting a no.

"Okay," I whispered.

His face lit up, "Really?"

"Yes, now let me change before I change my mind," I pushed him out of the bathroom and closed it.

Lately, he's been really clingy and will kiss me whenever he gets the chance he's even trying to do more than just kissing what's gotten into him? He acts like I'm going to leave him or something.

I changed and got out of the bathroom.

Cupid patted the other side of his bed motioning for me to go there.

Once I slipped under the covers he quickly hugged me.

"Why are you so persistent?" He whispered.

Because I'm scared.

"None of your business," I sighed and closed my eyes.

"You're so mean, yet I like you the most out of everyone I've ever met," he kissed my cheek and fell asleep hugging me.

I wish we could stay like this forever it feels nice and safe like he'll never leave me.