Chapter 23

"A few days ago, a 15 year old girl, Molly Hart, went missing. There is little to no information about where she might be. She was last seen at Mother of Christ Hospital visiting a boy who she claimed was her brother, Kyle Hart. But, according to a few of her friends, Molly is an only child. Police suspect that this boy is the one responsible for the abduction, but they have little evidence to support it."

The screen went to a video clip of Aubree, holding up one of the MISSING flyers. "Molly is one the nicest people that I have ever met. She is my best friend. I miss her more than anything. Please, if you see her, contact the police immediatley. Bring Molly home."

The screen then showed a blurry picture of a boy in old clothes as Ms. Flinn did a voice-over.

"This is a picture of the boy claimed to be Kyle that we took from the security cameras at the hospital. If you seen this boy, contact the police. We do not know if he is armed or dangerous, but treat him as if he is. Back to you Jim."

One of the officers in the busy police station turned off the TV as the story about Molly ended.

He walked over to the cell that held Molly’s troubled father.

“Common, Hart.” He said as he grabbed one of his arms to lead him out of the cell, “You’ve got a meeting with the judge.”

Mr. Hart was lead outside of the police station and into the backseat of a squad car. The ride to the court house was silent except for the occasional report over the police radio.

He cooperatively got out of the car and walked into the court house. One reporter was there with her camera man. She quickly walked along side Mr. Hart and the officer.

“Mr. Hart, would you like to say anything about the disappearance of your daughter?”

“He has no comment.” The officer said.

“Did her abduction lead to the events that put you in jail?”

“Please, Ms. Flinn,” the officer said, “He has nothing to add to the case.”

“What about you officer? What do you think about the case?”

The officer sighed, “I think that the case is very mysterious. We are trying our best to figure out what exactly happened.”

“Bull-shit.” Mr. Hart said under her breath.

“What was that Mr. Hart?” Ms. Flinn asked, shoving the microphone into his face.

The officer shoved the microphone from him and said again, “He has no comment.”

Mr. Hart and the officer reached the door. Ms. Flinn started to say something but was cut off by the officer, “Please, no more questions.”

The officer opened the door to the court house and Mr. Hart stepped in.

Once inside, the officer lead him down a long hallway and finally, into the courtroom.

The courtroom was completely empty except for the judge sitting on her grand throne and a security guard in the front of the room. The judge called Mr. Hart forward and dismissed the officer.

When he reached the front of the courtroom, he recited the whole I Swear To Tell The Truth The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth thing and then took a seat at one of the empty tables.

“You promised me that I would never see you in this courthouse again.” She said.

“Judge-you don’t understand. The second I stepped into that jail, I was harassed and-”

“Mr. Hart, you don’t understand. You physically assaulted two police officers! Do you have any idea what kind of sentence you can get for that? It doesn’t matter what they did to you-”