Chapter 14

“To die will be an awfully big adventure.”

“Tinker Bell! Tinker Bell! Come quick! Hurry!” Peter called. Tinker Bell darted over to him in a flurry of dust.

What’s the matter? Is something wrong?

“Nothing’s wrong…but something sure is fishy.”

What do you mean?

“The mermaids are back.”

What’s so odd about that?

“We haven’t seen them for weeks and now, all of a sudden, they’re back. And have you noticed? The island seems happier.”

I have noticed that the flowers are a little more cheery than usual.

“Something’s up and I don’t know what it is. I always know what’s going on, am I missing something?”

Have you checked on the orb lately? Maybe it has something to do with that?

“Naw, I don’t think so.”

You never know”

“I always know, Tink.”

You conceited boy.”

“You know you love me.”

Tinker Bell did know that she loved him. She had loved him for such a long time now that she forgot when she first started. He just had this certain charm that made every girl he came in contact with fall in love. Maybe it was his smile, or his voice, no one really knew what made all the girls fall in love with him, they just knew for sure that there was something there that no other boy had.

“Well, Tink, whatever it is it’s going to have to wait to be discovered. It seems like the Indians always need my help with something. I’m convinced that Tiger Lily breaks things just so I can help fix them. What an odd way to act, don’t you think so?”

Very odd” she said with a hint of jealousy.

Back at the home under the ground the boys were up to no good.

“Could we just look at it once?”

“No! Peter said if he catches us looking at it again he’ll slit our throats!”

“Oh he was jus exaggeratin’.”

“I don’t think so, lads, he seemed pretty serious.”

“Peteh’s nevr’ serious”

“I don’t know guys…”

“Common, jus one li’l peak”

“I think we should, what if it’s somethin’ bout us?”

Curly reached over and opened the hatch.

“Look, there’s a note”

“Dus anyone know how to read?”

“I do!”

“No you don’t Sachet.”

“Of course I do. Hand it here.” Sachet took a look at the note that was glued to the underside of the hatch.

“There ain’t any werds. It’s jus drawins’” Copper said as he snatched the note from Sachet’s hand, “I told yu that we ain’t supposed to be doin’ thes.”