Chapter 7

August was gone and September left, it was finally October and Molly sat looking out of her bedroom window watching the orange leaves fall from a big tree in her front yard.
She looked back down at her desk.  Ugh...I hate Biology, she thought. She got up from her desk and walked across her room to face herself in her mirror. She ran her fingers through her straight brown hair and sighed. She thought about the previous night. She had been watching her two cousins when her mom texted her.

"Has your dad texted you today? Did he say anything about me?"

"No, why?"

"We've been fighting :("

Her parents didn't fight a lot so when they did it was usually pretty serious. She knew that her parents would never get a divorce but she couldn't help but wonder. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense. Her dad had been acting kind of weird lately, giving her more hugs and telling her that he loved her more often. She had decided to ask her mom about it and when she did she said that she really couldn't talk about it.

Molly shook herself. She didn't want to think about it, she had exams the next morning. She walked back towards her desk and looked at her Biology book. Why don't I know any of this? She asked herself, I wish I would have paid more attention.

She flipped a couple of pages in her notebook carelessly before closing it in frustration. If I fail one exam it won't matter that much. She got up from her desk and sat on her bed.
There was a soft knock on her door.

"Hun, can I come in? We need to talk." her mom said.

 "Yeah uh...sure...come in." Her mom walked in and sat close to Molly. They sat in an awkward silence before Molly said, "How long have you and dad been fighting?"

"Well...for a few months. But it didn't get real serious until a couple weeks go."

"Oh..."

"Listen, Molly. Your dad and I love you very much and we want you to know that this isn't your fault."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Your dad is moving out." she said, her eyes filling up with tears, "He doesn't love me any more...but...I still love him, very much." Tears started to run down her face. Molly just sat there speechless. She couldn't think of what to say, she didn't know what to say if she could say anything if she wanted to.

"I-I would like to be alone for a while." she finally said.

"Alright, I'll be in my room if you need me. I love you."

"Love you too." Her mom hugged her again before walking towards the door. She turned and said,

"Molly, you don't have to go to school tomorrow if you don't want too."

"I have to, Mom, I have exams."

"You can miss them."

"No, I can't."
"You can. You need to stay home." With that she walked out of the room. Molly got up from her bed and paced around her room. She couldn't believe that this was actually happening. She never imagined that her parents would ever get a divorce; she always imagined that her parents would be together forever. She also thought that her mom was acting a little weird about the whole thing; she was practically forcing Molly to miss school, not that she had a problem with missing exams that she hardly studied for, but it was still weird.

All of the shock and disbelief finally caught up with her and she started to cry, hard. She held her chest, gasping for air, she was hyperventilating. She sat back down on the edge of her bed and forced herself to breath slower. When she finally got her breath back, she took out her drawing pad and began to draw whatever came out. Molly thought herself to be an "okay" artist. She didn't draw all that often though, usually only when she was really bored or when surges of strong emotion were coursing through her. Most of her drawings were based off of song lyrics, books that she had read, the romance that she wished for, or just random scribbles that she drew when she became extremely bored and didn't know what to draw. None of her pictures were colored except maybe one or two because Molly hated to color, she was just too impatient.

When she was done drawing out her emotions, she gazed at her pad of paper. To her surprise there wasn't a picture of people fighting, a girl crying, or a heart breaking, there was a picture of a boy. More specifically, a boy, looking in shock and wonder, at a mystic, glowing, orb that was in an old doctor's bag. The picture didn't even look like she had drawn it; it almost looked like she was actually looking at the boy. She didn't know how that got onto her page. She didn't draw that...how had it gotten there? This was too weird for her. She quickly closed her drawing pad and stuffed it away in a drawer.
She looked at her clock, it was starting to get late, and she might as well go to bed.

"Help me! Somebody help me, please!" She lost her grip and her hand slipped off from the rock that she was desperately clinging on to. She gasped and closed her eyes tightly, wishing that she could just vanish. She tried to get her grip back, but she couldn't find the strength. She put her arm to her side and looked at it, her hand was covered in blood; she had been stabbed or maybe shot? She couldn't remember. "Someone help me! Please! I'm hurt!" she cried in desperation. She looked down at the roaring sea and the sharp rocks underneath her. Suddenly, she felt the rock beneath her hand start to crumble. She looked up quickly as her hand fell underneath the crumbled rocks. She screamed as she fell down, down, down. She seemed to be taking forever to just hit the water and meet her doom.

She woke up with a jerk and gripped her sheets tightly to avoid from falling off of her bed. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and sighed. It was only a dream she thought, thank God. She closed her eyes again but couldn't seem to fall back asleep. She thought about the picture in her drawing pad. She got up and went to her drawer. She opened her drawing pad to the page where the picture had been and it was-it was gone! Now all that was on her page was a simple doodle of a girl crying and a heart breaking. She was dreaming, this wasn't happening. Was it? She put the pad back into the drawer and went back to bed. This is too creepy she thought.