Godric Gryffindor- Compensation (c)

It felt almost like a century of having sat around the old table discussing the structure of the castle the five of you were building. You expected it all to be rather simple really, it was to be a school meaning it couldn't have too much variation however Godric and Salazar were making a pickle out of where they would locate the common rooms for the houses they would lead over. The five of you were to overlook a set of students within your school, that although would be taught together it was simpler to separate them in case of trouble and keeping track of them.

Yourself, Helga and Rowena had already decided where your common rooms were to be and had resorted to just drinking herbal tea that Helga had brewed. The two men on the other hand were being difficult and weren't being very decisive nor helping each other with their ideas.

"My house will be far greater than yours," Godric grinned, trying to seem triumphant in his attempt of convincing everyone his house would out rank everyone else's.

"Oh Godric, how you do jest," Salazar boomed in laughter. "No students could be better than those of the house of Slytherin."

You rolled your eyes, knowing both would continue the competition of theirs being bigger than the others until their faces turned blue.

"The house of Gryffindor shall have the tallest tower as their common room, it shall be grander than any other, and shall cast shadows upon the rest of the castle," Godric suggested.

Salazar shook his head. "Oh, how foolish Godric, you fool. It is only asking for danger. There is no defence to a tower."

"It's a school not a fortress," you frowned.

With every decision you had all made about the school, Salazar had discussed defences as though you were trying to create an army rather than inspiring the new generation.

"I shall have a common room under the lake in a dungeon. It shall be well protected and unknown to outside foes. Who shall ever look towards a dungeon for the highest-level wizards and witches?"

Godric laughed. "Oh, they shall find a fight in the highest tower. A fight they shall never lose as the best witches and wizards shall be there in the house of Gryffindor."

You couldn't help but giggle as you thought about the debate that was before you.

"Ladies, does it sound like Godric is compensating for something?"

Rowena and Helga begun to laugh with you as did Salazar whilst Godric's face became red to match the tunic he wore.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by