Newt Scamander- Trying (h)

Newt's lifestyle wasn't understood by a lot of people.

What he did wasn't understood by a lot of people.

The way he acted wasn't understood by a lot of people.

However, the only person that he cared about understanding it all was you.

You were the person that he centred his life around; other than his beasts, you were someone that he cared about immensely and he couldn't imagine you not being there for him.

He wasn't someone that a lot of people wanted to be involved with. They didn't get the fact of why he did what he did, they never really realised that what he was doing actually made a difference and allowed for the magical world to still have their utterly amazing wildlife that deserved to be cared about.

Newt was always telling you how lucky he was to have found you, let alone have been able to marry you, because you were the one person in his life that was actively involved in what he did – you cared as much as he did, you wanted to help them as much as he did, you enjoyed it as much as he enjoyed it.

After having done the feeds for all the different beasts, you had sat down on the porch bit of the little house that was the main part of when you first entered the case.

Newt was just finishing up with the graphorns, who were actually quite sweet with their young and you and Newt even if they didn't appear to be.

It was like that with quite a few of the beasts, they didn't respond well to strangers however with you and Newt they were the gentlest creatures you could ever cross.

Newt came over to you, placing the feed bucket on the ground, and sat down on the porch floor next to you.

"How're you doing?" he quizzed, placing his arm around you shoulder.

You smiled and cuddled up to him "I am great" you answered him simply.

He hummed in contentment and kissed your hair "As am I, my Love" he responded to you in a gentle and soft tone.

"I miss Frank though" you told him, pulling away from him slightly to look up at your husband.

Newt sighed but nodded in agreement "I do too my Love, but he's back out there and you never know – maybe he'll come back to visit us one day, with wife and kids of his own, just like us" you rested your head back on his shoulder as he spoke to you.

He slowly rubbed his hand up and down your forearm "We don't have children yet though" you reminded him softly.

Newt just chuckled and kissed your hair once again "How about we start trying?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.