James Potter- Run and Hide: Part 1 (c)

When your brother turned up at your front door you could only imagine it was for something pleasant, as in such a dark time it was rare for just kind moments of dropping by. However, when you opened your front door his solemn expression proved to mean otherwise.

"What happened?" You whispered. "Is it Remus?"

Your fiancé had been gone for some while on Order business, but due to the importance of it he wasn't allowed to tell you or anyone else what it was actually involving. Although you had complete trust and love in the werewolf you planned to marry you knew that Sirius and even James had begun to doubt his loyalty- either way he would be in grave danger whatever he was doing and you wanted to make sure he was okay. You knew that James spent far more time with Dumbledore than you yourself did so if anything had happened to him he would have likely found out before you.

"He's fine Y/N. Well we actually haven't heard from him but Dumbledore says that is a good sign," he stated firmly. "May I come in?"

You nodded your head moving to the side to allow him to walk through, letting out the breath you had held knowing that nothing terrible had happened to Remus.

"Where are Lily and Harry? I haven't seen them for a while, not that I have seen you recently either," you said softly.

"They are at home. I didn't want to risk them getting into any danger. But that is why I am here. It isn't safe Y/N," he said his words filled with sorrow.

"I know it isn't safe James. It's a war, I didn't expect daisy chains and lemonade," you frowned.

He sat down slowly onto your sofa, with you sitting down next to him, concerned by what he had actually come to tell you.

"You are putting yourself into too much danger. Lily and I are going to have to go into hiding. Not just for us but for Harry. And you are going to have to go too," he said softly.

You raised an eyebrow. "I can't just go into hiding James. What Remus? I can't just give up hope and hide. What do you want me to do?"

"Run and don't ever look back."

James kept his eyes fixed on his shoes unable to look you in the eyes whilst he suggested that you never see each other again.

"What the hell?" You stated completely offended. "You want me to just give in and run? We are all in this James, we are all standing up for what is write, I cannot just leave and let you all die. I know I'm not adding much to our side but I can't leave you. I can't leave you and Lily and Harry. I can't leave Sirius and Peter. And I certainly can't leave Remus."

"Think logically Y/N/N. We need to think about those we care about and you're my sister so of course I need you to be safe. You need to pack some stuff and get out of here. After the war, I'll come and find you. But for now, you need to leave."

"You're an idiot. How could you think I would ever leave you guys? I would never be able to look myself in the mirror knowing that you guys were still all in danger," you said trying to keep your tears from falling.

He looked up, resting a hand on your knee. "There's a way we can solve that."

You smacked his hand causing him to flinch away from you. How could he ever suggest such a thing?

"Don't even think about raising your wand at me. Does Lily know about your idiotic plan?" You exclaimed.

"Of course, she doesn't."

"Exactly. If Lily thinks it's stupid, it means it's a stupid idea. How could you ever think that using obliviate on your sister was something logical? You can't make me do this James. I don't want to leave. I'd rather die fighting than run away and see everyone I love dead," you cried.

Hesitantly he moved so that he could wrap his arms around you and pull you into a tight hug. He rested his head on your shoulder, you doing the same, both of you crying onto each other's shoulders.

"I'm sorry Y/N, but you don't have a choice. I know that what I am doing... taking your choices away is wrong, but I need you to stay safe. I would die if anything happened to you. So, either you go willingly or I will have to make you. I am going to miss you so much but it's not forever, it is just until it is safe again. And I promise you that if Remus comes back I will get the message to you somehow. I just need you to get away from all of this."

You raised your head so that you could see your brothers tear stained face.

"I'm going to miss you James. But promise me you won't take my memories, but that is all that is going to keep me sane whilst I'm gone. And don't tell me if he comes back. You need to stay hidden and trying to contact me will put us both in danger. Only come to find me when everything is safe. I also need you to stay safe alone with Lily and Harry. Oh Merlin. Please tell them that I love them. And I love you too, you idiot," you whispered softly through your sobs.

"I love you too. Let's get you packed quickly."

~*~

Written by Charlotte. 

Requested by