Neville Longbottom- Scared (c)

Everything slowed down. You had never felt so terrified before, but you had gathered you would feel frightened constantly seen as it was the midst of the war. Seeing Neville fall as the bridge exploded, made your heart stop as you felt like everything was ending.

You instinctively lunged forward to try to help but your redheaded best friend held you back to stop you from doing something stupid which you were likely to do in the situation.

It felt impossible to stop the tears from falling as the destruction played out before you and you lost sight of him, likely to never see him again. You attempted to fight against her restraints and you did try to verbally coax her to let you go in a slightly forceful way, but it was to no avail.

You chocked on a sob as you felt the hopelessness fall over you. Moving slightly, you rested your head against Ginny's shoulder as she tried to comfort you with her embrace.

Your line of sight was towards the newly formed abyss but it didn't stay still as you would have expected it to be. Arms appeared at the edge before you could clearly see Neville's face that was slightly bruised and covered in dirt. A squeal of excitement escaped you as Ginny's arms moved from around you so that you could move towards him.

"That went well," he smiled.

You couldn't help your tearful smile as you fell onto your knees by him, taking hold of his hand to help him. Turning around you pleaded with your eyes for Ginny or anyone else to help which they happily did.

As soon as Neville was back onto the bridge, Ginny made sure to shoo everyone else along to leave you and him collapsed on the floor, knowing that you were both now okay.

Your arms wrapped around him in a tight embrace.

"I was so scared I lost you. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you, I've never felt so terrified in my life," you whispered as his arms wrapped around you as well to reassure you.

"I'm sorry to worry you," he said softly.

"Don't be sorry," you smiled lightly. "It's probably as good a time as any to tell you, but I kind of like you. And knowing that I could have never told you, terrified me."

His lips curled up in a smile.

"Wait... you like me?" He asked. "But... um... I like you too, I just never thought you could like me as well."

"Of course, I do, you idiot," you laughed, leaning in to press a soft kiss to his lips. "So please don't get yourself killed today as if you do I will have to bring you back to kill you myself."

He nodded softly. "I wouldn't ever think about it. But in return don't get killed either."

"Deal."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.