Neville Longbottom- Dance Practice (c)

Rarely during the winter was the sun actually out and the wind wasn't bitter but today was one of those days. Usually at this point of the year, no one was really going outside, well other than the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang whom were going back to their respective temporary homes. Seen as it was a decent day you and your friends had decided to go out near the lake to have a relaxing day out in the sun.

Hermione had let you into the Gryffindor common room so that you could wait with her for Ron and Harry to come down. When they did they commented, that Neville was going to be in their room on his own for the day, so you volunteered to go ask him to join you all, so you would be back to the common room in a minute.

As you reached the dorm that you had been to many times to visit your friends, you knocked on the door, pushing it open not really considering manners. As soon as you walked in you heard loud classical music and you were slightly confused by the sight you saw. Neville was dancing by himself holding his arms out as though an invisible person was there.

When he spun around he noticed you, his eyes instantly widening. He grabbed his wand flicking it so that the music stopped.

"H-how long have you been standing there?" He stuttered seeming so shocked and concerned that you had seen him.

"Are you practicing for the ball?" You questioned.

He hung his head slightly, his cheeks darkening as he became flustered about you seeing him clumsily dancing around the room.

"Urm... yeah... I... urm... don't know how to dance really... and... if I get a date... which I doubt... I don't want to... urm... stand on her toes," he whispered softly.

You couldn't help but smile. If he had asked you to go with him to the yule ball you would have. Although you had been friends for quite some time, you did like him a little bit more than just as friends.

"Well I could try to teach you if you like. I'm not great at dancing but I know kind of how to dance," you shrugged.

"Would you?" He smiled pleadingly.

Nodding your head, you approached him, putting your hand out for him to take. He hesitantly took your hand but his other one was held out awkwardly not sure what to do. You laughed awkwardly holding onto that wrist putting his hand onto your waist, moving your hand onto his shoulder.

Slowly you began to direct him, trying to teach him how to dance remotely well, however both of you did stand on each other's feet on more than one occasion.

The two of you got lost in dancing until you heard laughter coming from the doorway. You jumped apart to see the three friends you had forgotten that you were supposed to be hanging out with.

"Guess you two are a bit busy," Ron smirked.

"Urm... we... urm," Neville said stumbling over his words.

"We were waiting for fifteen minutes," Hermione frowned.

You smiled innocently. "Sorry we will meet you outside in a minute."

She nodded her head hesitantly before leading the two boys whom were making kissy noises back out of the dorm.

The two of you were now left alone with flushed cheeks.

"Sorry about that," you said softly.

"It's not your fault. Thank you for help me," he smiled.

You smiled in return. "We should probably get going.

With that you went to head out of the dorm to catch up with your friends but Neville called your name causing you to turn back to him.

"Oh... urm... maybe... would you... I mean... could... no... I... may you would... possibly... like... would you like to... urm... come to... the yule ball... with me? Urm... you don't have to... actually... forget I asked," he rambled.

You took a step closer to him resting a hand on his shoulder to make him snap out of his rambling mess. Standing on your tip toes you kissed his cheek.

"I would love to."

~*~

Written by Charlotte. 

Requested by