Neville Longbottom- Sewing (c)

Most people stuck to their respective house, not overly socialising with anyone from a different house even when they shared a class, so when you leapt to aid a Gryffindor that was being attacked by his Monster Book of Monsters it was an equal surprise for you, him and the rest of your class.

Pretty much everyone was having issues with their books, they were vicious and had an inability to show any form of mercy to anyone.

Neville Longbottom had gotten the shortest straw when it came to his book seen as he was lying on the floor attempting to wrangle the book that was biting and snarling at him.

Without thinking the matter through clearly you dropped the ground putting your weight onto the top of the book so that he could restrain it with the belt that had previously been wrapped around it. As soon as the book started to stop squirming, the two of you looked at each other with a shared weak smile.

"Thank you," he said softly, his cheeks becoming redder.

"You're welcome."

With that you quickly rose to your feet and scurried over to join the crowd of your class.

It was your first class with Hagrid as your Care of Magical Creatures Professor and it went almost as well as you had suspected. You knew he meant no harm but he was just too enthusiastic about the work he was partaking in and that showed when Draco was a complete and utter prat and got himself injured by Buckbeak.

Hagrid had to carry Draco to the hospital wing meaning class had to be cut very short, giving you quite some time free to do as you pleased.

As you went to walk back towards the castle you saw Neville pulling at a large tear in his robes from where the book had attacked him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help more," you whispered as you walked beside him.

"Don't be. You helped me a lot. Just Gran is going to have my neck for wrecking my robes. And I can't remember the spell to fix it. Have we even learnt one?" He sighed.

"I am not certain. But seen as we have a bit of a break now, I can sort it out for you. I'm not great with spells but I know how to fix it the muggle way," you smiled sweetly.

"You'd really do that for me?" He grinned.

You nodded your head softly. "Of course, It won't be a perfect solution, but it will do the job."

He thanked you. You led him into the castle and down to the Hufflepuff common room making small talk. As soon as you reached your dorm you told him it was okay for him to sit on your bed when you saw him stand there awkwardly, whilst you rummaged for your sewing kit.

You asked him to take his robes and sat next to you twiddling his thumb as you began to sew the fabric getting engrossed by your work. You didn't really pay much attention to him as he had fallen silent and you kind of wanted to impress him with decent sewing abilities.

As you neared the end of your work you looked up to tell him so, but as soon as you looked up you realised how close in proximity the two of you were. He had moved slightly closer leaning towards you so that he could look at what you were doing.

"Oh... urm... sorry... I... urm... I haven't seen anyone sew before. Sorry..." he rambled looking down bashfully, his cheeks flushing a bright crimson colour.

Your cheeks began to warm up, probably matching his in colour. "It's okay," you smiled softly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte. 

Tumblr Request.