James Potter- Working (h)

Having your twin as your best friend was great but at the same time, irritating as heck.

You loved him, of course you did, but sometimes you tended to blend in with his friends more than was anticipated.

Sirius was your brother who you had stuck by all your life, even gaining the same friends as him but James Potter was the first guy that you ever thought of as possibly more than a friend.

Unfortunately, at times you could be too much like your twin and you were well aware that James only ever saw you as one of the lads – a Marauder.

Throughout your years at Hogwarts, James had been at the forefront of your mind for quite a bit of it and whilst you knew he was showing interest in Lily, you couldn't help but still have an attraction towards him.

For the past few months, the only chatter amongst the school had been about the Yule Ball along with occasional updates of who was going with who and who was still without a date.

You were going, and your fellow Marauder had asked you but not the one you had always somewhat fantasised about.

Remus had asked you, to which you had said yes as he was a close friend and you enjoyed his company.

Sirius wasn't bothered, he knew you and Remus were only friends and he was happy that someone so close to you asked you.

Remus, Sirius and James were all waiting for you in the common room as neither James nor Sirius had dates.

All three of them turned around as they heard you descend the stairs.

"Y/N/N – you look stunning." Remus complimented you with a smile on his face.

Sirius nudged him jokingly, "Treat my sister right Moony," he spoke with amusement in his voice.

James was yet to say a word, but he was staring right at you as if trying to figure something out.

Whilst James continued to not talk, Remus offered you his hand and the two of you slowly walked down to the great hall.

"I don't think I've ever seen Prongs quite so speechless," he mused as the two of you walked.

You laughed "He's always got some form of smart comeback when it comes to me."

Your date sighed and shook his head "That's how he shows his love," he reminded you.

"Never saw him doing that to Lily."

He sighed again "Despite what the whole of Hogwarts believes Y/N/N, Prongs was never that infatuated with Lily," he explained.

You scoffed "It wouldn't have been hard for him to be – she's everything I'm not I guess."

Remus stopped walking, making you face him "Y/N/N – we all know you've been interested in Prongs for a while, everyone except him," he explained with a sigh, "But don't ever compare yourself to Lily okay? We love you for who you are, not because you are a carbon copy of Lily Evans."

You opted to stay quiet for the rest of the walk, but once you arrived you sat down and Remus went to talk with some of the teachers.

Soon enough, your brother arrived with James at his side.

James came to sit next to you leaving Sirius to go and find another girl to irritate with his personality.

"I couldn't find the words earlier Y/N/N, but you do look stunning," he had his usual smirk on his face as he talked.

You rolled your eyes, "Thanks Prongs but you know the charm doesn't work on me."

He laughed, leaning back in his chair, "Not trying to charm you Y/N/N. Can't charm a girl like you – gotta work for it."

You stood up, noticing Remus waving you over, "Well start working Prongs."

~*~

Written by Hannah.