Hermione Granger- Gillyweed (c)

Harry seemed to always bring trouble. Not just to himself but to all four of you. You had all been friends since day one, but that was a disastrous mistake due to the dangers that your life had been put through. You wouldn't change a thing though. You loved Harry and Ron like brothers, and you loved Hermione as something a bit more.

Once more Harry had ended up in the spotlight due to trouble firing his way, leaving you and Hermione stuck doing research on how to get him out of the trouble he'd put himself in.

Harry ended up in the Triwizard Tournament, and although he somehow got through the first task, he was now stuck with the second one, completely unsure how to actually get through it. Hermione and you were stuck in the library, not that you'd really consider it being stuck as you were fond of reading. The two of you were trying to find some way to allow Harry to survive under the water for an hour. No human was able to hold their breath that long, and as far as you knew there wasn't any magic that could solve it.

It had been about four hours since you had started looking through books before you finally found a herbology book that seemed to have the answer you needed.

"Gillyweed," you shouted, slamming the heavy book down.

You quickly winced, prepared for Madam Pince's shouting, but you were too happy about finding something usefully to overly care.

Hermione's eyes lit up as she leaped towards you, pressing her lips to yours, shocking you terribly. You had always been fond of Hermione, in a more than a friend way, but as far as you knew she didn't feel the same- this changed things.

Your eyes stayed wide as she pulled away, her expression mirroring yours.

"Did you just kiss me?" You whispered, allowing your fingers to ghost over your lips, trying to find out if it really had happened.

"Um... yes... um..." she rambled, terrified by what you were to say to her action.

You hesitated, trying to think through what you should say or do.

"I am so sorry. It was stupid. I shouldn't have done that, it was stupid, so stupid."

Hermione had begun to ramble through apologies for kissing you, although you certainly didn't consider it an issue as you had wanted that to happen for a long time.

You couldn't help but smile, when the reality of the situation had finally sunk in. You reached out a hand to rest on her shoulder, letting out a little laugh that you couldn't control or keep in.

"Kiss me you twat," you grinned.

She looked confused. You leaned in pressing your lips to hers, and within a moment she leant into the kiss too. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by wentzchesterCharacterxfemreader and