Remus Lupin- Roommates (c)

You were always an adventurous person that lived life to the fullest, well if you classed where your imagination drifted, then that was a true fact. As you did most Saturday nights you had plopped yourself onto the settee in your pillow crevice, and delved into a new world through another book. Unlike you, your roommate, Remus, had decided that actually leave the flat to meet up with your friends, whilst passing on your apologies and the fact that you were 'too ill' to go as well, rather than telling them the truth that you were too tired.

As the evening was coming to a close, the front door opened and the sound of it being locked signalled that Remus was home. When he walked into the living room, he looked paler than usual with a frankly terrified look.

"Hey Moony, you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," you said trying to sound sympathetic towards whatever had spooked him.

"Yeah," he muttered, sitting down on the opposite sofa, staying frankly expressionless.

"You do know that ghosts were common residents of Hogwarts, so what actually happened?"

His eyes shifted up to yours, looking shocked by your question even though in the situation it was a completely normal and valid question.

"I'm guessing meeting up with James and Sirius didn't go well?" You asked.

"Er... James couldn't make it, Lily was feeling rough and he didn't want to leave her so close to the due date."

"Sirius?"

"Yeah... um... he was there."

You narrowed your eyes at your brunette roommate. Slipping a bookmark onto the page you were reading, you put your book down onto the coffee table, leaning closer to Remus to show your concern.

"What happened?"

What came out of his mouth was mumbled and incoherent, forcing you to raise an eyebrow and ask him to repeat his words.

"He... Sirius... um... he kissed me," he said softly.

"He what? What did you do? What happened? Tell me Lupin," you practically squealed.

"We were just talking and he told me he liked me and kissed me. He said that he liked me for years and didn't know how to tell me," he stated monotonously.

You looked up thoughtfully, taking in the realisation of the whole situation.

"That explains why Sirius never acted on the fact that every girl threw themselves at him. It all makes sense now."

Remus' expression quickly changed into a frown at your comment.

"Not helpful."

"Sorry. So how did you respond to it?"

"I told him I needed to think about it and ran away," he sighed. "I'm a fucking idiot."

You stood up from your seat and sat down next to him, embracing him in a tight hug. He happily responded, wrapping his arms around you as well.

"Hey it'll be okay," you smiled softly. "You really like him don't you?"

His head snapped up, eyes wide in shock.

"No!"

Your eyes rolled.

"Of course you don't," you stated sarcastically. "Then why are you so anxious about it? If you didn't like him, you wouldn't be sat here talking to me. You're just scared."

His face became solemn once again. Remus' arms were removed from around you, and moved to hold his head in his hands.

"We can never be together though Y/N. I'm a bloody monster, he could never actually love me, I can only ever hurt him," Remus sighed.

Without thinking clearly, you reached out and flicked the werewolf on the nose, making him scrunch up his face in confusion and annoyance.

"Hey!"

"Don't be an idiot! He likes you Remus, he bloody told you for heaven's sake. And you aren't a monster. No one thinks you are a monster other than you. He would do anything for you, and for once just let yourself be happy. You don't need to be scared as you know your feelings are requited, you just need to pull up your big boy pants and admit that you like him too."

"I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"You won't ruin our friend- oh you mean with Sirius. It won't ruin it. He likes you, he clearly liked you. Just give it a chance. He cares about you, and you care about him and all I want is that the two of you to be happy. Granted I never thought you'd be happy together but I am certainly not against the idea, you will be adorable too."

Remus let out another deep breath, still giving you a pleading look of uncertainty.

"So you think I should just tell him?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course you should, you idiotic canine. Now I think you need to get some sleep so you can be up bright and early to go admit your undying love to your future husband," you grinned. "And remember to thank me at your wedding."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.