George Weasley- Presents (a)

George sat on the carpet surrounded by piles of brightly wrapped presents, his legs crossed and his face cheerful. The joy and spirit of Christmas seemed to lighten everyone's spirits even during these dark and disturbing times. His face lit up like the bulbs on the tree when you walked into the dimly lit room.

"So..." he called out, patting a small space in front of him in between two mountains of gifts "are you going to open yours first lot first?

You made your way over to the gap, "Hhmm..." you tapped your finger to your chin and mimed stroking a long, flowing Dumbledore-like beard, "...Ill open one and then you can open yours, are there maybe any you want me to open first?"

You nodded at a large box that stood approximately three feet tall, wrapped in stripy red paper that sat in the corner of the room, you had had your eye on it since you saw you saw George and his brother Ron lumbering it up the moving staircases. George put his hand in the pocket of his white and blue pyjama trousers and rustled around, throwing out handfuls of Ton-Tongue toffee until a small box appeared.

"Here." He said. "I think you will like this one."

Nervously and apprehensively you plucked the box from his palm, the red paper fell apart as you tugged at the glittery gold ribbon. Inside the paper sat a ring box, burgundy in colour with gold, floral etchings along the top and sides of the box. Your hands started to shake as you unclipped a small golden latch on the front, releasing a large bang, an extremely luminous flash of light and a puff of smoke. You threw the box into the air; your heart began to race.

George lay on the floor, rolling and clenching at his stomach as he laughed more than you had ever seen him laugh. You picked up the box, which now lay upside down at your side, it still had puffs of smoke intermittently expelling from it's centre, and launched it at your so-called loving boyfriend. He sat up still quietly chuckling to himself and wiped tears from his eyes.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I couldn't resist. Something new were trying out. I'm thinking of calling it George's exploding ring box. What do you think?"

"Number one, the name needs a lot of work. Number two, you are a fucking idiot George."

"I know, I know... I'm sorry." He looked down into his lap for just a moment before his head shot back up. "The name could use a lot of work, I'll get on it tomorrow. Can I open my presents now?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.