Sirius Black- Tears (c)

Your parents had gone away for the weekend to visit your aunt and you wanted to stay at home so they allowed you. You were rarely at home see as you went to Boarding School, and seen as it was the Christmas break so were happy to just be home and didn't fancy going anywhere.

There was no expectation for anyone to arrive at your home, so you were apprehensive when someone rang the doorbell.

You went to the door quietly, looking through the peep hole feeling relieved and more concerned when you saw one of your best friends at the door looking a complete and utter mess.

Quickly you swung open the door to properly see the dark haired man you were friends with.

"Sirius?"

His eyes were puffy and his cheeks were tear stained. His hair was flat against his hair with snow covering him, suggesting he had been outside for some time due to the fact that there was a deep layer of snow on the floor.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice hoarse. "I just... I didn't know who else to go to."

You had no idea what was going on that caused him to look like such a mess, but for this moment you just wanted to try and make things better. Instantly you wrapped your arms around him, not caring that your slippers were getting damp in the snow, or that his tears were now falling onto your shoulder.

"Bloody hell Pads, what happened? Get inside," you said softly pretty much dragging him into your home. "Let's get you by the fire, you must be freezing."

"Thank you," he croaked as you lead him to the fire place, gesturing for him to sit on the floor as you went to gather some blankets and tissues for him and make the two of you hot chocolate.

You handed him the mug as you sat next to him trying to show your support for him no matter what had happened.

"What happened Sirius?" You asked softly.

"I... I had to get out of there. I couldn't stay any longer," he said completely breaking down.

You gave him a pitiful smile as you rested a hand onto his shoulder. You had known that his family life was far from the best but you had never thought that it would come to this.

"You ran away?"

He nodded. "I couldn't stay there. And I didn't know where else to go. I shouldn't have come here. I'm sorry."

He began to get up but you quickly followed him, lightly gripping his forearm stopping him from going anywhere.

"Why are you apologising? You never deserved anything they did, and I am glad you can trust me enough to come to me when you have nowhere else to turn," you said softly.

"I'm just going to be a burden on you. I should just go to Prongs," he frowned. "Just for the night. Then I'll find somewhere else to go."

You shook your head at him.

"Don't be an idiot Padfoot. I will always be there for you until my dying breath. You will never be a burden to me. I would never send you away when you need me, and I'm not going to just dump you on James," you smiled warmly. "Now, you can stay here as long as you need, well as long as you want to be here. My parents will be fine with it. I'll go get you some spare clothes so you can change out of those soaked ones. Tomorrow we can contact James so he knows what has happened, but you are more than welcome to stay with me."

For the first time that evening he cracked you a soft smile as the two of you embraced.

"Thank you Y/N. I'm glad that there is someone I can rely on and I'm glad that it is you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.