Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

I had probably read the advertisements a million times and was actually managing to convince myself that I should watch some of these maybe with Donna or dad. I guess those adverts do help if someone's stupid enough to stare at them for nearly an hour.

Everyone who left the theatre stared at me probably wondering why I was standing there absolutely soaked to the bone.

Did I forget to mention? It was raining, I mean rain forest caliber rain not your usual London rain I was absolutely soaked through. I only vaguely recalled my dad saying something about it but I never took it in.

I wasn't wearing a coat just my stripy black and grey jacket, a blue T-shirt, and jeans. The only part of me that wasn't soaked was my back because of my backpack.

Still, I stood there waiting because I was convinced that Ryuu would never find me if I was out of sight.

None of the buildings here had house numbers where you could find them and I wasn't actually aware of theatre being the main entrance because we came in from the mall into the bowling alley.

What if he got lost? What if he's not coming?

I started panicking.

What if he got hurt and that's why he's not here I can't call because he'll be driving and I might distract him what if I call him trying to make sure that he isn't in a car accident and I make the car accident happen because he gets distracted by my call. Oh god.

Suddenly a bike screeched to a halt half on the pavement and half on the road just where I was waiting, had he gone any further he might have hit the road block.

I jumped maybe ten feet in the air when he honked and walked over to him.

No way it wasn't Ryuu, no mistaking those broad shoulders and that leather jacket.

Ryuu looked amazing, his hair was clearly wet even though he was wearing a helmet and even under it's shadow his eyes looked right through me.

Clad in complete black attire he was the Asian hunk from heaven.

"Your helmet is in the back!" He shouted over the sound of traffic and the multiple different songs coming from different shops around us.

I nodded and pulled it on, sliding myself onto the seat and curling myself around him, arms hugging him for any vestige of warmth I could borrow.

Oh, he was so warm, despite the weather and despite the speed he was going. He was so warm I realized that I was not as okay as I had thought.

Was I cold? Yup cold, wow really cold, I was freezing!

My arms shook a little and I wrapped myself even closer painfully aware that I might be holding him too tight.

He turned slightly and although his helmet made everything hard to see I swore I saw one of his crooked smiles.

His gloved hands covered mine and wrapped them closer around him and that was all the permission I needed to coil myself around him like a real snake.

We left the noise and the flashing lights behind and zoomed through traffic.

It might have been dangerous, it should have scared me, but when you have the opportunity to innocently feel up a muscular mans chest this opportunity is not to go unharvested.

I grinned against his back.

[Ryuu's POV]

So many things were going through my head in that moment.

Firstly the rush I always got from zooming through the night on my bike just enjoying the feel of everything even the rain.

Secondly the way Mylo, my adorable little man, had himself wrapped around me like it was our anniversary and how much it fucking sucked that I loved feeling him close to me like that. As in, in a non-sexual way.

That wasn't me, I didn't do non-sexual, if I didn't like you in a sexual way I didn't like you period.

Thirdly, how fucking long had he been waiting out there in the rain and why wasn't he at least waiting from the doorway? I was going to wrap him up in so many layers when we got home he'll be sweating like it's summer in Death Valley.

I shook my head.

I shouldn't have asked him to wait outside.

Maybe I should have specified not in the bloody rain.

I was glad he couldn't see my face, the troubled grim look I had trouble hiding recently.

The last thing I had on my mind and definitely the most insidious was the girl.

Something I needed to talk to Mylo about now rather than later, something I should have talked to him about before but never found the occasion.

Well this definitely called for it.

The girl with the plaits.

The girl who sent me those photos, all those letters, her fucking teeth.

The girl in the background in the photo Mylo sent me.

The dark night swallowed us whole.