Out of This World {Harry}

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Potter, not all of have been pampered our entire life and can afford to waste time in class instead of writing an essay."

You feel Harry tense next to you as he clenches his jaw. You watch as his sincere expression drops and anger quickly takes its place.

"Yes Professor, you're right. I'm excessively pampered. It really is extravagant of the Dursley's to let me have the ENTIRE cupboard under the stairs to myself. Next thing you know, I'll be making ridiculous requests like being allowed to eat every day or having clothes that fit!"

The silence is stifling before Snape breaks it.

"10 points from Gryffindor and you can meet me in detention, Mr. Potter."

"Yeah? And you can meet me in Hell."

There are some laughs across the room, although they are quiet ones.

"Damn Potter," you say, causing him to look over at you. "So many flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and you choose to be salty?"

Harry smiles and begins to laugh.

" L/N, since you seem to be wanting to disrupt class, you can disrupt the detention with Harry as well."

You roll your eyes and pick up the quill Harry offered earlier. As you stare down at your parchment, you concentrate on the image of Snape at his desk. You imagine a desert sun beating down on his black robes, causing them to become warm and stiff on his body. You can hear him shift at his desk. You look up at him to find him staring intensely at you already. Even from the back, you can see the sweat on his brow in the frigid dungeon. You wink at him and then begin your paper.

After a torturous hour, you finally finish your paper as the bell rings. Students begin to mill out as you pack up your things. You poise the quill in your hand and turn to Harry as he stands.

"Are you sure that I can keep this?"

He smiles and nods.

"Of course. And hey, sorry about getting you detention."

You return his smile.

"You didn't, but thank you."

"Yes, I did. If I wasn't 'salty,' you wouldn't have spoken and he wouldn't have been a dickbag."

"I mean, yeah, that's true." You pause. "Want to know how to make it up to me?"

He quirks the side of his mouth. "Sure."

"Take me to Hogsmeade this Saturday," you say casually.

He blinks at you. "Like a date?"

You nod as he contemplates it. Slowly, a smile spreads across his face.

"Yeah, I'd like that.

***************************************************

You laugh at another one of Harry's jokes. He smiles as you laugh and he picks his Butterbeer up to sip from. All day, you two had been together. Surprisingly, it hadn't been awkward. You two had clicked and the conversation continued to flow. You two had gone through Zonko's, Honeydukes, and random shoppes. He had even bought you a new set of quills despite your many protests. You had shown him your powers by making it snow on just him. He laughed and shuddered as he complimented you over and over again, especially after you admitted what you had done to Snape in class.

Now you are in the Three Broomsticks, smiling and laughing over butterbeers. He blushes, looks down at his drink, and fiddles with the handle as he begins to speak.

"I really enjoy spending time with you, even if we're just going to be sitting around and talking about nothing. There are a million things I like about you, like your nose or the way you smile, the way you look me in the eye, too. And I just get the greatest feeling when I make you laugh. I feel as if my company makes you happy, and that's what I wish for you. For you to be happy. And when I see you laugh at my clumsy ways, it just makes me want to spend every day with you so I can see a smile on your face."

You smile warmly as your face heats up.

"Look at Harry Potter. He has to be the one to get an alien boyfriend/girlfriend/enbyfriend."

His face lights up.

"Are you saying what I think you are?"

You laugh lightly.

"What, did you think you could admit that and nothing happen? Oh, honey. You're stuck with me now."

He reaches across the table and holds your hand.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."