Liam nodded before his mother walked out of his room. "But there's no one else I'd rather share a bed with..." he mumbled to himself as he fell back on his bed.

"You know, we haven't had a sleepover since we were 12," Liam said as the memory faded.

"I know, but I don't care. Please?" She begged as she looked up at Liam. "I'm too scared to go to sleep, let alone be by myself in this empty house. I don't know what I am. I don't know if some hunter will come in the middle of the night-"

"Shhhh," he cooed as he cupped her cheeks and brushed away the tears with the pad of his thumbs. "I'll stay the night," he whispered as his eyes locked with hers before they flickered to her lips, and quickly back to her soft eyes.

"Thank you," Y/N sighed as she closed her eyes. She slowly pulled away from his hold and walked over to her bed. She pulled the covers back as Liam walked around to the other side of the bed. He waited until Y/N crawled in to lie down on top of the covers.

"Don't be silly," she said as she tried to pull the covers from underneath him.

Liam swallowed hard before getting under the covers. He hadn't shared a bed with her in 4 years and he didn't know how to be cool. Being in the same bed as Y/N was making him nervous. He tried to steady his heartbeat and silently prayed Y/N's supernatural abilities didn't come with enhanced hearing.

"Liam?" Y/N whispered, as she looked straight up at the ceiling.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me you won't laugh at me?" She said with her eyes still focusing on the ceiling.

Liam turned his head to face her. "I would never laugh at you."

Y/N closed her eyes and slowly rolled to her side before cuddling against Liam. "Can you just hold me tonight?" She asked.

For a second, Liam was taken back, but immediately accepted her request as he wrapped his arms around her. "I'll hold you anytime you want me too," he whispered before he kissed her forehead.

*****

Scott quickly rushed towards Y/N's front door and before he could knock, he noticed the door was slightly open. His heart dropped to his stomach as fear washed over him. He saw the third part of the list this morning and was surprised to see Y/N's name on it. He wanted to come over and talk to her, but he was hoping he wasn't too late.

He entered the house slowly and quietly. He didn't catch anyone else's scent but Y/N's and Liam's. He only heard two steady heartbeats, but nothing else. He made his way to her bedroom.

The sound of footsteps walking up the stairs immediately registered as Liam's eyes flew wide open. Remembering where he was and why he was there in the first place, he knew he had to get her out of the house before the hunter got to them first.

Liam slowly shook Y/N, trying to wake her up. "Five more minutes, babe," she mumbled before she slowly fluttered her eyes. Her eyes flew wide open when she realized what she said and who she said it too. Then her heart jumped to her throat at the sound of someone's footsteps growing louder by the second.

"Y/N?" Scott called out as he peeked his head through the opened bedroom door. Y/N immediately unraveled from Liam's warm and safe embrace. However, she did it too quickly and panicked, which caused her to fall off her bed.

"Are you okay?" Liam and Scott asked at the same time.

Scott walked up to her and helped her get up. Her cheeks were flushed and couldn't look at him. "I'm fine. You just startled me and umm," she shifted her feet from one foot to the other. "Nothing happened," she tried to clarify.

"Nothing happened? Because I don't ever remember you ever calling Liam 'babe'", he teased with a small smile. He had lowkey been wishing for the two of them together.

Her cheeks grew more pink and her heartbeat picked up. Liam couldn't help but smile at how cute she was when she was shy. As much as he loved seeing her all flustered, he didn't want to make her anymore uncomfortable than she already was. "What are you doing here, Scott?" Liam asked.

"Y/N's name is on the list. I've been trying to call both of you and I panicked when neither one of you answered. Then, I came here and noticed the door was opened and I freaked out even more. I wanted to make sure you were okay and try figure out what's going on," Scott explained.

Liam sighed as he mentally slapped himself. "As soon as Y/N called last night terrified, I just ran all the way over here. I completely forgot about closing and locking the door," Liam explained. Scott gave him a knowing look. Liam nodded, "I know. I'm stupid. I should have locked the door knowing what's been going on. Sorry."

Scott let it go and looked at Y/N, whose eyes welled up with tears as the fear from last night rushed through her mind. She was hoping it was a nightmare. "I don't know what I am, Scott," she whispered.

Scott sighed and nodded. "Okay, we'll figure it out, okay?"

Y/N nodded as Liam walked over and took her in his arms. "Scott, can you get us some time?" Liam asked.

Scott nodded. "Take all the time you need. When you're ready just go back to my house, but please be careful."

The best friends nodded their heads in agreement before they watched Scott leave. Still in his embrace, Liam turned to face Y/N. She looked up at him before she rested her chin on his chest. "I've missed you," she whispered.

Liam's eyebrows furrowed, unsure what she meant as he never left her in the first place. "What do you mean?"

"I miss sleeping with you," her cheeks grew hot and pink as she realized how bad that sounded. "I mean sharing a bed with you," she clarified, now unable to look at him now.

Liam chuckled, his chest rumbling. Y/N buried her face in his chest. Liam's hand ran through her hair before he cupped her cheek and lifted her chin up. He locked his eyes with yours, "I've missed you too."

"You do?" She whispered carefully, her heart ready to explode from her chest when she realized how close they were.

"Yes and I'm sorry," he apologized.

"For what?" She asked confused.

"It's my fault we're not sleeping on the same bed anymore," he swallowed hard. Y/N scanned his eyes for answers, trying to understand what he was trying to say. Liam sighed. "When I was 12, I told my mom I'm in love with my best friend. She spoke to your mom, and together they decided it was best to end our sleepovers because, and I quote, 'your bodies are going to go through some changes.'" This time Liam's cheeks grew hot with a hint of pink.

"We're more alike than you think, Dunbar," Y/N smiled.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Just after my 12th birthday when you gave me this," Y/N pulled out a sterling silver necklace of a half moon, "I told my mom I'm in love with my best friend too," she smiled before Liam wrapped his arms around her waist, leaned in, and captured her lips with his. They've had their fair share of kisses, but none of them compared to this one. It was sweet, tender, and pure bliss. It was their perfect first kiss.

"We're going to figure this out, okay?" Liam whispered as he pressed his forehead against hers.

She nodded. "Okay."

"But can you do something for me?" He asked.

"Anything."

"Can you call me babe again?" He smirked.

She slapped his chest and giggled before she grabbed his collar to pull him closer. "Only if you kiss me again, babe." She smiled. Liam's lips formed a huge smile before he did what she requested.