•Epilogue• What a beautiful life

Katy was watching Todd's every move in the mirror as he was doing her makeup. Skyler was running around the chair her mother was sitting on, giggling cutely. They were staying at a small hotel, getting ready. Why hotel? Because the tradition was telling that they shouldn't see each other the night before their big day. Yes, they were finally going to be husband and wife. It's been already 4 years since John proposed. Katy was really excited but also a little stressed. She knew that there was nothing to stress about and everything was going to be perfect but after her first failed marriage, there was still this gut feeling in the back of her head. She loved John for sure and was happy to finally marry him but she just prayed to God to make it last forever. They were waiting with their wedding because of Skyler. They wanted her to remember some of this day and to share with her memories. She was actually more excited than Katy which was really hilarious. She couldn't sleep last night and was asking all the time where John was. He was with his male friends having fun. It was the last night of his freedom and that's why Katy took their daughter with her. She just didn't want him to worry. Of course her girlfriends came and they drank some wine but she didn't want to get drunk. She was scared of losing John and just hoped that they didn't take him to the club with sluts or something.

She looked at her wedding dress, laying on the hotel bed. It was the most gorgeous dress you would ever see, believe me. It was just a pearl. It came from Israel, you should thank Johnny for fighting like a lion for it. It was a long white wedding dress but it wasn't a normal dress. It had bare back and showed Katy's perfect sides from her thighs up to her neck, only her chest and legs were covered with beautifully designed lace.

When Todd was done with her makeup, she decided to curl her black hair which were now loosely laying on her shoulders. She changed into her dress and cream high heels. She stopped in front of the mirror watching herself. She was satisfied with her body. She was working so hard on it after her pregnancy and now it was back to its shape from years ago or even better.

"Mommy, mommy!" Katy smiled still not believing that someone was calling her a mom. She turned to her little daughter who was running happily to her. She opened her arms and picked her up.

"What's up, babygirl?" She asked as she kissed Skyler's nose making her giggle.

"Why your dress isn't as big as every princess has?" She mumbled, playing with Katy's hair. It was a thing she was always doing since Katy's hair was long again. Skyler loved touching her mother's silky black hair, curling them around her little fingers.

"Because I'm not a princess, hun." Katy answered making her daughter look up.

"You look like one, mommy." Skyler murmured and kissed her mother's cheek. Katy sat on the bed with Skyler on her lap and placed her hands on her baby's soft cheeks, lightly pinching them as she was laughing. She was always so happy which was melting everyone's hearts every time they heard her laugh, her nose crinkling just like her mother's does.

"You're such a cutie." Katy said in a baby voice and kissed her lips quickly. She then wrapped her arms around Skyler's small frame as she laid her head on Katy's chest. Katy laid her head on hers smelling the baby scent which was her favorite. She loved having her baby close to her chest, knowing that everything was okay and she was safe. The child changed everything in her life but it was a good change. Little Skyler was a bubble of joy for her parents, something they created together with so much love, something that was bringing them closer to each other, something they always dreamed of. She was the most beautiful gift from God and they were thanking him everyday for her. They were giving her all the love they had. As the only child she had everything she wanted. For John's parents she was the only granddaughter they had and every time they visited them they always had a small present for her. The only one who didn't really like her was Nugget but they knew it from the beginning because Katy's dog wanted to have her only for herself and when the baby arrived there was no time for the dog anymore. Moose on the other hand fell in love with Skyler the first day they brought her to the house. He was watching her like his own child. He was the first one who was running to her when she was crying on the playground because some other child took her toy or she hurt herself. He was protecting her and cheering her up. He was even sleeping with her on her small bed keeping her warm and just cuddling to her when she had a bad dream.