16. Keep the faith

John's POV

I woke up with a headache. Yes, I drank yesterday. I drank everyday. It's my daily routine now. I don't care about my family, friends or career. I don't give a fuck anymore. I stood up and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and dressed up in simple jeans and white T-shirt. I went downstairs to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee. I walked to the living room and turned on the TV. I watched E!News while I was drinking my coffee. Of course nothing serious was in the tv. Some news about Beyoncé...Kanye and Kim...Adele and so on. After a few minutes someone knocked on my door. I sighed and stood up. I wasn't in mood to talk with anyone but I slowly went to the front door and opened it. In front of me was standing no one else than my mother. I didn't see her since last Christmas.

"Oh John, why didn't you answer my calls? I was worried." She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I didn't have time. Sorry." I hugged her back and laid my head on her shoulder. "Come in." I said as she smiled. Mom walked into my house and looked around.

"Nothing changed here." She sighed with relief. If she come here a few days ago, she would see bottles of alcohol everywhere.

"Do you wanna something to drink?" I asked as we made our way to the living room.

"Coffee, please." She answered. I went to the kitchen and boiled the water for her. When I was done with the drinks, I went back to my lounge room where my mother was sitting on the couch watching tv. I gave her the coffee and sat down next to her. "Thank you, son."

"No problem. So how are you, mom?"

"I'm good. I talked with your younger brother yesterday." She said. "And you? How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, mom." I rolled my eyes. I'm not 5 anymore she can stop worrying about me.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Katy broke up?" She asked. Wait. How did she know? Ben told h- "John?"

"I- um, I don't know. Who told you?"

"Katy." I swear I choked on my drink.

"W-what? You saw her?" I asked fearfully.

"I was kinda stuck with her in the elevator yesterday." She said.

"It's not funny, mom."

"I'm not kidding. I asked her how were you and she told me that you broke up in january." She said and took a sip of her coffee.

"Why she told you this?"

"Because you didn't have the balls." She hissed.

"I didn't have a time to tell you!" I said angrily.

"What was keeping you so busy? Drinking?" She screamed. I looked at her shocked. "Yes. I know everything. Kate told me. You called her completely drunk."

"Mom, I-" She interrupted me.

"I'm so disappointed with you, John. You're acting like a baby! What's wrong with you? Can't you be like your brothers? What did you do to her?"

"What do you mean?" I asked not understanding her.

"Why is she going to the therapist? Not just therapist! To your brother!" She said throwing her arms in the air.

"She is going to the t-therapist? W-why?"

"I'm asking you why!" She said pissed off.

"I don't know!" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why you gave up on her?" She whispered sadly. I feel her. She loved Katy and wanted us to be together forever... just like me.

"I didn't, mom."