5. Friends, lovers or nothing

Katy's POV

The next morning I woke up with a huge headache. I think I drank way too much last night. I don't even remember what we have done. I was yawning with still closed eyes when I felt someone's hand on my belly. What the hell?

"Katy?" Someone said and I turned around to see his face. As I saw Orlando lying next to me, I fell out of the bed shocked. "Oh my- you ok?" He asked worried as I sat down on the floor.

"What the fuck are you doing in my bed?" I asked.

"Well, you wanted me to stay here." He said with a grin.

"We- oh my God, did we have se-"

"No, no! We didn't but we kissed." He interrupted me and I sighed with relief. Wait! We kissed?? No way.

"What the fuck? Why we kissed?!"

"Calm down. We were drunk. By the way what do you want to eat?" He asked.

"You wanna cook?" I asked and he nodded his head what made me burst out laughing. "I don't have food here."

"So dress up because we're going out." He said as he was leaving my bedroom. I stood up and went to my closet. I picked white crop top, pink shorts and my favorite white converse. As I got dressed, I went downstairs and we drove to Starbucks. We ate our food and talked.

"So any plans for today?" He asked.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe just relaxing in bed." I laughed. "You?"

"I was hoping that you'd like to spend the day with me.." As he whispered, I smiled.

"I'd love to." I said cheerfully. " We can -shit- go now." I said as I saw John standing at the counter.

"What?" Orlando asked looking at me suprised.

"Go. Now. Please." I begged him. We stood up and as we were about to leave, I heard very familiar voice.

"Katy?"

"Shit." I mumbled as I turned around to face John. "H-hi." I whispered as I locked my blue eyes with his brown. Orlando was standing next to me not knowing what to do.

"Oh my God. It's John freakin' Mayer" Orlando said excited and I facepalmed myself.

"Yeah, my ex-boyfriend." I sighed.

"You were dating John Mayer?" He asked not believing.

"Orlando please." I begged him to shut up.

"Is he your new boyfriend?" John asked in disbelief.

"No...just a friend." As I said, he smiled a little.

"Can we talk, Kate?"

"We need to go, you know? We have some plans but it was nice seeing you again." I said and faked a smile which I'm sure he noticed but whatever. He doesn't need to know that I still miss him. I won't give him what he wants. I needed to act strong. I decided to leave, so did Orlando.

John's POV

I stood in the middle of Starbucks watching the love of my life leaving with another man. Sure, she said they were just friends but I don't believe in this shit. Maybe she did move on but I'll never give up on her. On us. I'll fight for her heart no matter what. I needed a plan but I also needed to give her some time to think. I decided to fly to Montana for a few weeks. This place always helps me. I'll write there some songs and try to forget about Katy for a while. I booked a ticket and drove to the airport. When I was on the board, I started to think. What if she falls in love with him when I'm here? And they'll be together when I'm back? What would I do? Maybe she will be happier with him. Maybe he'll love her better than me. Maybe he's the one for her not me. Maybe I was just stupid thinking someone like her would want to be with such a fool like me. Katy is perfect and c'mon look at me. She's too good for me. I'm Mayer the Player. I don't deserve to be loved so why God let me fell in love with her? Because I fell for her hard and fast. Too fast. She was different and she was my first real girlfriend. I said 'i love you' only to her and I was 100% sure about my feelings towards her. But it was all gone now. My sweetness was gone and anyone will ever replace her. Katy is the better half of my heart which is missing.