9. Walking on air

R rated content

Katy's POV

"It's...positive." I mumbled again.

"Holly crap!"

"No, no, no! I can't believe this. Why me?" I cried.

"Kate. Look, you can do it. You'll be the best mother for this child. Believe me. I'm gonna help you." Shannon said making me smile a little.

"Thank you, Shan. Go back to sleep now. You need some rest." I whispered. We said our goodbyes and 'i love you's and hung up.

I unlocked the door and walked towards the exit. I got in my car and laid my head on the steering wheel. I cried for a long time not caring about anything around me.

I couldn't believe that I was actually pregnant with John. I didn't know how to tell him that he's going to be a father. I always knew he would be the best dad for my kids but I didn't expect it to happen like this and now when we broke up. I was scared of his reaction. And not only his. I had to tell Orlando too.

"Oh Lord, how am I going to do this?" I cried.

I was scared that when this baby arrives, I wouldn't know what to do but in the other hand I was so happy. This little human being was created by me and John with such love and I'm sure it's gonna be loved even more. It's magical that you can see your child growing. Your child who's looking just like you and the person you love. Who's gonna remain you how happy you are everyday. You can sing your kids to sleep. Kissing and hugging them. Giving them all the love you can give. And learning the truth about life.

I knew crying in my car that I already loved this baby and I would do anything to protect it.

I came back to my hotel room around 6am. I needed to calm down before facing Orlando. I opened slowly the door. Everywhere was silent so I walked directly to the bedroom and saw Orlando still asleep. I sighed with relief and laid down next to him.

***

"Katy, baby?" Someone whispered tapping my arm. "Time to wake up, princess. It's already 11."

I yawned and opened my eyes. Orlando was sitting next to our bed on the floor waiting for me to fully wake up.

"Breakfast is ready." He smiled as he stood up.

I wanted to jump off the bed but I remembered that I'm pregnant now and I need to watch out so I stood up carefully. I walked slowly to the kitchen and saw everything ready to eat.

"We're not eating with everyone?" I asked as I sat down.

"I wanted to um...apologize to you for yesterday. I was behaving like a dick." He said taking a bite of his pancake.

We ate our pancakes and changed in swimsuits. As we were ready to go, Orlando wanted to unlock the door but it was open. Shit. I forgot to lock them earlier.

"You went somewhere in the night?" Orlando asked worried.

"Um, no. Maybe you didn't lock them when you came back." I said as I played with my polished nails.

"Yeah, maybe you're right."

We went to the beach. I didn't want to sunbathe so I laid down in the shadow. When everyone went swimming, Markus laid next to me.