38. Home is where you are

John's POV

I was driving to the airport to pick up my girlfriend after almost two months being apart. The last time I saw her was a few days after Christmas. We didn't even have a chance to spend New Year's Eve together because I was performing in Los Angeles while she was on the other side of the world. Thankfully, there wasn't a day when we didn't talk. I was always making sure that she was okay and everything was fine with the baby but now I can finally stop worrying because I will be by her side for the rest of her pregnancy. She just finished the American leg of her tour and canceled the rest of it which she really didn't want to do but she had to for the safety. I'm gonna show her the present I prepared for her birthday and I was really excited about it. I parked my car in the parking lot and rushed to the airport. I stood in front of the Gate 4 just like Katy told me. I took my phone and pressed the home button unlocking it. I opened the message app and searched my manager's number. I sent him a message asking if everything was ready for our arrival. I didn't have to wait too long for his reply saying that they just finished preparing everything. I looked up from my phone in the right time to lock eyes with Katy. Huge smiles appeared on our faces as I opened widely my arms for her to run into them. I embraced her tightly smelling my favorite vanilla scent as she sank into the hug. She looked up at me and took my cheeks into her warm hands pulling my face down to her level and finally smashing our lips together. I wrapped my arms under her butt and picked her up making her giggle into the kiss.

"Can we go home? I'm really tired." She said as I put her down. I nodded and held her hand walking towards my Range Rover. I opened the passenger door for her and helped her getting inside. I then went to the other side of the car and got into it. I started the car and drove out of the parking lot. It was almost 6 pm which didn't really help and minutes later we were in a huge traffic jam. I turned to the passenger seat and smiled at Katy who was sleeping peacefully. I turned down a little the radio not wanting to wake her up and continued to slowly drive. The ride from the airport to our neighborhood wasn't usually too long but because of the LA jams we spent a half hour trying to get home. As I stopped the car, I lightly shook her arm making her groan. Katy rubbed her tired eyes and yawned. She looked around and then back at me confused. "Where are we?" She murmured as she watched the gate open. I drove into the driveway where she could see a big modern house with a cute front garden. I turned off the car and turned all my attention to Katy. Her eyes wide open as she scanned everything around her.

"You remember when I told you about your birthday present, right?" I asked as she slowly nodded her head. "Well, I wanted to get rid of you from my house." She turned to me as her mouth fell open. "Just kidding. I thought that if we're gonna have a baby really soon, we need more space so when you were on tour I found this house and I immediately imagined our family here. I know I should have asked you but-" She cut me off by kissing me. Her lips brushed mine before she got out of the car. I walked to her side and gave her the keys. "Happy birthday, baby. This is the place we call home." I was so grateful that she wasn't mad at me and I can even tell that she looked really excited. All the tiredness from earlier seemed to go away and was replaced by fresh energy and happiness. I took her hand in mine and walked inside. Katy bit her lip as she observed everything around us. She took off her shoes and went down the hallway to the living room where was a fireplace in the middle of the wall and two huge windows on the sides showing a beautiful back garden with pool, place to sit, a lot of green space and pool house in the very back. In front of the fireplace were three gray couches and a coffee table with a fluffy red carpet. Then there was a dinning room with huge table for all our family and some plants in the corners. The door in the dinning room were taking you to the white kitchen with a lot of free space. "Here I'll be making breakfasts in the mornings." I said pointing at the kitchen island making her smile. Downstairs were also a little gym, private studio, two work places for each of us and meditation space. I took her upstairs where were guest bedrooms and our main bedroom in the end of the hallway. I opened the door to our room and let her walk in first. She stopped in the middle of the room looking around. When you were walking into the room first thing you saw was a king sized bed with glass wall behind it, on the left was a white cosmetic vanity for Katy with a mirror and little lights and chair with white furry blanket on it. There were also three doors. First one to already filled huge wardrobe. Second one to the big bathroom. Katy frowned looking at the last door. She pushed them open and walked into another room. She covered her mouth with a hand as a loud sob escaped them. I quickly rushed to her side and embraced her as she cried.