23. Remember the time

John's POV

I felt the worst pain I ever had. Everything in my body was on fire. Does it what death look like? Every time I tried to open my eyes, I felt like I was in hell. There was no point to try anymore. Every time I failed. The only thing what was keeping me alive was the most beautiful voice I ever heard but I couldn't recognize it. I heard my mother's, father's or brothers' voices but it was the one I had no idea who's it was. I only knew it was a girl but she was talking to me when they all were gone, holding my hand in hers. She was begging me to wake up, to fight. Her voice was telling me how desperately she needed me, that she couldn't make it if I wasn't here. And I really wanted to wake up for her but I couldn't. I was so angry at myself that I was letting her down all the time. She didn't want too much. She was telling me that all she wanted was some love. After her speeches, there was some sobs and then she was falling asleep.

I felt strange power inside me which made me open my eyes. As I was hit by the light, I moaned frustrated. I slowly opened my eyes again looking around the room I was lying in. White walls, monitors around me and a lot of tubes in my arms. Hospital.

"John, honey, you're awake!" My mother screamed happily making me turn my attention to her.

She hugged me as I was smiling. In my room were also my brothers and dad. Nowhere to be found the mysterious girl. Ben ran to the doctors, they came and checked monitors next to me, making sure that everything was okay.

"Do you remember why you're here?" My doctor asked.

"I had a car crash but I don't know where I was driving." I said honestly. I had a strange feeling that I forget not only about the place I was driving to. I felt like I forget the most important part of my life but I had no idea what it was.

I searched for my parents but they weren't there, I frowned. They must have left but why didn't I notice it sooner? I heard the door opening making me laid my eyes on a person standing in the doorframe. Young, gorgeous woman with blond hair lying loosely on her shoulders and the most beautiful ocean blue big eyes was looking at me in disbelief. She looked tired, her eyes red and puffy with dark circles under them yet she was still breathtaking.

"J-john?" She whispered in the most adorable voice. She ran to my bed and hugged me tightly."Thank God, you're awake, baby." I was confused. She just called me baby. Who is she for me? Does she mean something to me? I didn't hug her back making her pull away. She looked lost. Her hand laid lightly on my cheek making me look into her eyes. "What's wrong, honey?"

"I-i'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked slowly not wanting to hurt her but I failed. Her eyes widened.

"W-what?" She mumbled.

"I have no idea who you are, Miss." I replied but I immediately regretted saying it when I saw tears rolling down her makeup free face.

"You don't remember me." She sobbed as she stood up. I wanted to stop her and hug her but when I was about to do it, I realized my leg was still broken.

"Hey, um- shit, I don't even know your name." I sighed making her start sobbing louder. Congratulations, John. You're doing great!

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry." My mom said as she hugged the girl. She was shaking in my mother's arms. I was sorry for her, she looked so sweet and precious but of course I made her heartbroken.

"I just need some fresh air." She said and seconds later she was gone.

"Ben go after her! She can hurt herself." My mother said scared.

"Don't worry, mom. She's doing fine." He replied relaxed.

"Go!" Mom screamed making me jump. Ben did what she told him and mom sat next to my bed. "You really don't remember her, honey?"