Chapter Twenty: Wake Up.

Start from the beginning

“What makes you think that?” I asked quietly kneeling down so that I was her height.                                                                        

“I heard them talking with the doctors... They said that I was so sick that I didn’t have much time anyway and that they could consider putting me out of my misery,” She said getting all teary in her eyes.

I wiped away her tears and grabbed her hands. I was quite surprised on how smart she was and how adult like she was already.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

“I’m sure everything will be alright...” I said trying to make her feel happy.

She stopped crying for a second and looked up at me with such beautiful deep brown eyes.                                                      

“I know you’re just trying to make me feel better, perhaps this is what is supposed to happen to me. Maybe I was born to die...” She mumbled sadly.                                                                                                                                                                                         

“No, no one is born to die Light. Life is just cruel,” I said bitting my lip not wanting to show much emotion.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

“Why do you bit your lip so much?” She asked.                                                                                                                                                         

“Cause you’re going to make me cry,” I said honestly noticing that she seemed to pick up on such minor details.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

“Don’t cry for me,” Light said giving me a cute baby like smile before looking at the door.                                                     

“Light what I say about annoying other people,” Someone almost yelled at her.

The woman seemed like her mother, just hearing the annoyance in her voice made me want to hit her. Her daughter was dying and she had the nerve to talk to her like that. I tightened my hands into fists, what was with parents and being such control freaks. I let out a huge sigh, what could I do about it anyway? I was one person alone wanting to change such a messed up corrupted world. Sometimes I thought that this world would be better without most of the people who occupied it, but what can one person do to stop the corruption alone?