Chapter 86

I woke up later in the morning around ten and forced myself out of bed, going downstairs. To be honest, I didn't want to deal with anyone in the house today, but if I didn't come out of my room at all they'd all start pestering me why I'm acting this way.

"Good morning, Cass." My dad smiled, placing a kiss on top of my head.

"Morning."

"Excited about the tour, one more day and we'll be on the road." He smiled, rubbing his hands together.

"Should I honestly go with you?"

"Hm, what do you mean?" He asked, sitting down on the couch. "Come here for a minute." I walked over to the couch, sitting next to my dad.

"I mean with, you know how I get the headaches sometimes and when they hit mostly I want to be in bed in total darkness."

"You won't have to come and see all the shows, we'll understand and I trust you and feel confident in myself leaving you by yourself on the bus. Do you not want to go with me?" He asked, sadness filling his eyes.

"Of course I want to go! It's just Jace told me had something planned for us and it's the day we leave for tour. Part of me feels bad, but then I feel like he lied just so I would stay back."

"What do you want to do?"

I was honestly getting tired of everyone asking me that same question. They didn't know how difficult this choice was, someone's going to be hurt and I don't want them to have harsh feelings towards me or I don't want to feel like a bad guy.

"You know that question has been asked pretty frequently the last two days. Dad, it's not easy to make a decision so fast and easy and it doesn't help tour is only one day away, plus all my stuff is packed and everything."

"Listen, whatever decision you make I'm not going to be disappointed or anything." He said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Whatever I decide?"

"Whatever you decide."

I nodded my head and stood up, going back upstairs to my room. I walked in and went straight back into my bed, I threw the covers over my head and let out a huge, long sigh. Why do things have to be so difficult for me? I'm not a bad kid, I don't do bad things.

Like I thought last night: He's going to be hurt and I know for a fact he won't be happy at all no matter what he says.

*******************************************************************************

Later in the day, Jace was over the house and we were sitting on the couch, enjoying each other's company while watching whatever was on the TV. I looked over at Jace and gave a small smile, he took notice and smiled back at me.

"You're so cute." He laughed.

"I try."

"No need for trying, babe. You succeed!"

"Can we talk on a serious level for a minute?"

Jace's face went white and had a panicked expression wash over his face. He turned towards me and swallowed pretty hard. "Are you pregnant?" He asked, whispering the last word.

"No! You idiot, I wanted to talk to you about this tour with my dad."

Jace placed his hand over his heart and let out a huge sigh of relief. "You almost had me there for a second, Cassidee. What about the tour are we talking about?"

"I'm going with my dad."

Jace just looked at me like I had sprouted another head and laughed, shaking his head. He folded his arms over his chest and just smiled at me. I must be speaking a different language.

"Did you not hear me correctly? I'm going on tour with my dad."

"I'm laughing because you knew I had made plans for us that same day. Like you can't leave Cassidee, the money is non-refundable."

"Really? Tell me, Jace, where exactly are we going and staying at? What place did you book for us?"

He focused his attention back on the TV and didn't say a single word to me. I was right, he lied just to get me to stay back, well this doesn't surprise me one bit.

"So you lied so I wouldn't go spend some time with my dad? That's ridiculous, Jace and I'm stunned that you would stoop that low."

"You can spend time with your dad whenever you want?"

"No, I can't! He's busy with a lot of things when it comes to being in a band, he's gone for months all the time and it's not only him, I have uncles in that band as well and I haven't seen them since I was in and out of the hospital."

"Why can't you be like normal girls at school? One's who don't have this famous dad in a band!"

I laughed and stood up, going over to the front door and opened it. "Now you can act like an adult and be a caring boyfriend or you can leave, take your pick."

Jace got up from the couch and headed over to the door. He stepped out onto the porch and turned around to look at me.

"By the way Jace, I'm anything but normal." I smiled and slammed the door right in his face. I wasn't going to tolerate that bullshit anymore.