Chapter 82

Cassidee's POV

Two months had passed, so it was now May and school was almost coming to end. Summer was just right around the corner and I couldn't wait for vacation.

Of course, my dad will be touring again, but luckily this summer I'll be going with him. As of this moment, it's Memorial Day weekend and my dad drove us to Erie for a little getaway.

We went to Splash Lagoon for the afternoon, then to lunch and now we're at Presque Isle State Park to enjoy the lake.

"Are we bringing Mason with us this tour? Because I don't feel like babysitting him." I asked, sitting in a lounge chair.

"Your brother wants to go camping this summer, so you'll be free." My dad laughed.

"Ricky's bringing the twins I'm guessing?"

"They're going on vacation with Jess, also when we come to play a hometown show you have to go back home. I checked the dates and it rolls right around when you go back to school."

"Don't even mention school."

"Yeah, but it'll be your last year and you can take your mom's car to school."

"Cool."

"Cassidee, are you coming in the water with me?" Mason asked, running out of our rental house.

"That's ok, I'll stay on dry land."

Mason shrugged his shoulders and ran into the water, getting himself soaking wet.

"That's a first, you passing up swimming."

"Because of my scar, Dad," I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm going in to get a drink, do you want anything?"

My dad shook his head and watched Mason as he played in the water. I got up from my chair and walked into the house, going into the bathroom.

I lifted my shirt and looked at my stomach where Ian had cut me. My family thinks I don't remember getting cut, but I do.

Flashback

I was laying on Camilla and Trevor's floor, groaning in pain as I was coming in and out of the darkness.

I could hardly see out of my right eye but I could make out Ian's figure all right.

If Ian was going to kill me, then I was prepared for death. I felt a kick to my side and a piercing jab to my stomach, to which I gave a small moan.

"I should've killed you sooner." I heard Ian say.

End Flashback

That was the last thing I remember Ian saying and after that, it was complete darkness.

I was so stupid and blinded by love. I was overjoyed with my first boyfriend that it nearly killed me.

"Freaking idiot," I said to myself in the mirror.

"Cass, you ok?" Sabrina asked, knocking on the door.

"I'm fine, thank you." I looked at my reflection and pointed at myself. "Don't go full-on moron with Jace, got it?"

Do you guys think Cassidee is going to be ok with her new relationship?