Chapter 79

Cassidee's POV

I was lying face down on my bed when the door opened up and more weight was added to my bed.

"Well, you certainly have my lungs." I heard my dad say, slightly laughing afterward.

"Yeah along with my mother and ex-boyfriend's mental problems," I said, lifting my head.

"Oh stop, you know Braxton didn't mean that and you didn't mean the things you said either. People just say wrong and repulsive things when they're angry, believe me."

"No, I meant every word I said." I corrected my dad, sitting up. "Then he said to go to the mental ward with your mother, who does Braxton think he is?"

"He didn't mean that and you and I both know you're nowhere near as crazy as your mother. You get all your wonderful traits from me, you are an exact copy of me." My dad smiled, kissing the top of my head.

"So I guess we won't be seeing Braxton around here much anymore?"

"I think you two need to chill out for a little bit, but soon before you know it you'll be friends again. You, teenagers, are just complicated and need manuals." He laughed.

"Hey, don't forget you still have Mason."

"Your mom can deal with him. Do you feel a little better now that we talked?"

I nodded my head, smiling. "Yeah. Also, I wanted to ask you about something too."

"What's that?"

"A driver's license."

"Oh I dreaded to hear those words, but I knew sooner or later you'd ask. Yeah, we'll go to the DMV this week and get you a driver's manual and all that stuff. You just want to get out of here soon as possible, don't you?"

You could say that.

"It'd be easier to take me to school or go and visit Jace, drive to"

"I was kidding, calm down. Like I said we'll go get you a manual so you can study for your permit test and if you pass I'll take you to practice driving."

"Cool."

"I just better stock up on bubble wrap beforehand."

I laughed as my dad left my room and left me to be alone with my thoughts. Sure he can usually lift my spirits, but tonight just wasn't cutting it.

I know he said Braxton and I need a little bit of time away from each other, but how is that going to help?

Braxton is going to be ten times worse and more likely to drive Ricky and Milo insane, but then again he has Kamryn so she could very well help him cope.

I know I said Braxton was permanently dead to me, but I've known him since we were toddlers and Braxton not being in my life isn't fun at all. 

But what he said about Ian's habits rubbing off on me and locking myself up with my mother, that one hit hard.

Braxton was also wrong about me begging for him the other night. I'm aware of my actions and I'm regretting them, but I never begged him. He just wanted to feel like a big shot.

I'm conflicted with this little asshole. I love Braxton and he'll always have a place in my heart, but what's the point of loving him if he's going to act stupid ninety percent of the time?