Chapter 38

"Ian better not be home when we go in there, Cass. I'll snap his neck and I'm not joking." Trevor said through clenched teeth.

"His car is gone and he'll be gone all day. Now let's not wait any longer." I said, stepping out of the car.

Thankfully, I still held onto the spare key from last night and unlocked the door, stepping inside.

"Camilla, go upstairs and help as best as you can. I'll stay down here in case he shows up, but hurry." Trevor said, standing by the door.

Camilla and I walked into the bedroom, gathering my shoes and clothes from the closet. I grabbed all my toiletries from the bathroom and tossed them in a small plastic grocery bag.

"He's going to notice my stuff gone." I panicked, looking around the room.

"Let him. Come on, let's head out."

We walked downstairs and out the door, putting my things in the backseat. I sighed, getting in the car, and looked at Ian's place one last time.

"I know we talked about bringing this up to my parents, but can I stay with you guys for a little bit? If not, I understand it."

Camilla turned in her seat and smiled at me, taking my hand. "Stay as long as you need."

"Thank you."

We got back to Trevor and Camilla's and she showed me a small spare bedroom where I could stay.

"I feel bad about this," I confessed, laying my clothes on the bed.

"Cassidee, you are more than welcomed to come to us anytime. Please don't feel bad about this, you're much safer here than Ian's."

"Why'd this happen to me? I'm so stupid to let this go for this long."

Camilla sat down next to me and placed both her hands on my shoulders.

"You are not stupid, do you hear me? Why it took this long is because Ian controlled you, he got in your head and fucked with your mind. You're free now and you're going to tell your family."

"Would you mind if I had a minute to myself?"

"Not at all." Camilla smiled, standing up. "Hey, later on, Trevor and I are going to go through baby names, care to help?"

"I'll let you know."

She smiled and closed the door behind her as I fell back onto the bed, sighing. I reached in my pocket and pulled out my phone.

"Do I dare to call my parents?" I asked.

I pressed on my dad's contact and waited for him to answer the phone.

"Cassidee?" He answered.

"Hi, Dad. Um, something happened yesterday night."

"What?"

"Um, last night Ian and I..we, uh, he-he kicked me out."

"Why?! Where are you?! I'm coming to get you!"

"Dad! I'm with two wonderful friends right now Trevor and Camilla. They're friends of Ian's and they opened their home to me. Dad, I'm exhausted from the fight yesterday and I might crash here tonight."

"Just for the night, but come straight to me tomorrow in the morning."

"I will. Dad? I'm sorry about being so difficult with you these past couple of months."

"Cass, it's ok. I love you and I always will, but get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We disconnected from each other and I crawled underneath the blankets, pushing my clothes to the side. I got myself in a comfortable position and I slowly fell asleep.