Chapter 20

I woke up the next morning to see Ian out of bed and already getting dressed. I looked over at the alarm clock and saw that it was almost noon.

"What are you doing?" I asked, yawning shortly after.

"Getting ready to go out with the guys," Ian replied, fixing his hair.

"I'll go with you."

"No, because it's just going to be us guys and I don't want you to feel awkward or anything. I promise you I will introduce you to my friends."

"Okay then. Did you eat?"

"No. We'll just grab something while we're out."

"Oh okay."

Ian walked over, smiling at me, and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'll be back later."

"Okay."

He walked out of the bedroom and I heard him pick up his car keys and go out the front door. I laid in bed for a few more seconds before I got out and did my usual routine.

After I had brushed my teeth and got dressed, I picked up my phone and called my dad like I promised last night.

"Hey, Cass." He answered.

"Hi."

"How was the first night?"

"Okay. We went grocery shopping and I cooked dinner for us."

"That was nice of you. Anything good?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic bread."

"I told you culinary class would pay off. But last night you texted me saying you think you made a mistake? What happened?"

I looked down at my burned finger and bit down on my lip.

"Well Ian didn't help out in the kitchen, but I think I just said that because I overdid the dinner. I think a good sleep helped a lot."

"That's good. What's on the agenda for you two today?"

"Ian went out to meet with his guy friends and I'll just stay in."

"You're more than welcomed to come over here, we're not doing anything."

"That's okay, Dad, thanks though. I'll just stay here and watch a movie or clean up a little bit."

"You sure? I can come and get you."

"Yeah. I'll come over next week or something."

"Okay, well if you want you can always call me."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. Talk to you later."

We hung up from each other and I walked downstairs to the kitchen for something to eat. I opened up the refrigerator and pulled out the leftover salad from last night and a bottle of Italian dressing.

I put some in a bowl, grabbed a fork, and poured some dressing over it. I sat at the table and started eating by myself.

My phone lit up and vibrated, notifying me someone had texted me. I looked at the screen and saw it was Braxton.

B: Hi :)

C: Hey, what's up?

B: Nm, playing X-box with Milo and taking a small break. What are you up to, doll?

C: Eating salad

B: Salad? I know you'd rather be eating wings and pizza right now lol