Chapter 81

Chris's POV

I was at home while Sabrina had taken Cassidee for her driver's test. The big one where our car insurance rates go up and so does my blood pressure.

The door opened up and I saw Sabrina and Cassidee walk in. She had a glum look on her face, taking it she didn't pass.

"I PASSED! I AM A LICENSED DRIVER IN PENNSYLVANIA!" She cheered, flashing her license.

Oh, I feel faint. I sat down on the couch and held my head for a few seconds.

"I'm going to tell Aubrey and first stop TACO BELL!" She yelled, running upstairs.

"Okay, obviously you're not happy about this. What's up?" Sabrina asked, sitting next to me.

"I'm worried about her driving by herself."

"That's normal."

"No, you know how Cassidee complains of migraines sometimes. What if she's driving one night with a migraine and gets in an accident?"

"Her doctor cleared her to drive and I'm sure Cassidee is smart enough to pull over and call for us. Stop worrying so much, you're going to make yourself sick."

"She's growing up on me. She went from being four to seventeen right before my eyes, I feel bad for missing some of her moments, but still. Cassidee will get in the car and be free to do whatever, she'll be eighteen in eight months!"

"It's what kids do, they grow up and leave the nest. But when Cassidee does leave she'll always know she can come back and depend on her daddy, she did before."

"True. Now I know how my mother felt when I left the house, it sucks."

"As I said, Cassidee won't be leaving anytime soon, so stop freaking out." Sabrina chuckled, kissing my cheek. "Don't forget you got Mason, an exact duplicate of you! Hey, maybe he'll follow in your footsteps and you can have a father/son tour session."

"No, because then you'll go crazy. Plus Mason is more into hockey, but it doesn't mean his interests will change over time."

I honestly feel like time is quickly slipping through my hands with my kids. Especially with Cassidee.

Sorry, it's short. Just a filler