Chapter 54

Sabrina's POV

I cannot believe he's calling me after what we just went through last night. This man has some nerve!

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Look, I know we're not on the best terms, but I need you to do me a favor."

"You seriously want me to do you a favor after what happened between us?"

"I have to go on tour and I'd hate to leave Cassidee. If she was in a better state and had an ok from the doctor you know I'd take with me in a heartbeat, but that's not happening anytime soon."

"Call and ask your mother."

"She can't sit over days at a time, she has worked. I'd feel more comfortable with someone being by her side and you're her mother, so."

"Now I'm Cassidee's mother, where's the drug-addicted one when you need her?"

"Let's not start, ok? Can you come over and we'll talk this out?"

I didn't respond to Chris's question for a few minutes.

"Alright, I'll be there after I drop Mason off at his friends. Bye."

I hung up and tossed my phone onto the couch, sighing. After the things he said does he think I'm just going to forget all this?

"Hey, Mom, I'm ready to go to Nick's," Mason called, running down the steps. I grabbed my car keys and walked out of the house, getting in the car with my son.

I dropped Mason off at his friends and made my way to the hospital. I can't believe I'm going back to talk with Chris, but he does need my help. Well, I guess I'll just have to hear what he says when I get there.

*******************************************

I returned to the hospital, parking in the garage and rode the elevator to the ICU's floor, and waited to be let after I rang the doorbell. One of the nurses let me in and I headed over to Cassidee's bed and saw Chris doing what he's been doing for weeks.

Staring at her.

"Hey," I said, sitting on the opposite side of Cassidee.

"Let's talk about this outside of the room," Chris said, getting up and stepping out of Cassidee's room. I followed behind him and closed the curtain. "As I said I know we're not on the best terms, but I really can't leave her and the band can't perform without a singer."

"Your words hurt me and if I wasn't so caring about Cassidee, I wouldn't be standing in front of you right now."

"I'll give you that and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have talked like that or said those nasty comments to you, this situation frustrates me."

"How long is the tour?"

"It kicks off in January and ends in February."

"That's still a month away, it's not even Christmas yet."

"Well, once Christmas is over, before I know it I'll be on the road. But who knows how much longer Cassidee's going to be in here and of course she's going to go through physical therapy. I don't know what to do."

"You're doing that tour."